Want to Buy iPhone X using Apple Store App, is Payment Information Auto Linked?

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
I have made a purchase before using the Apple Pay on my phone.
I have never used Apple Store app, and just installed it for iPhone.
When the time comes to order an X, will I not have to enter any credit card information or shipping information and I can just use Apple pay with my finger just like I do at Panera Bread?

I do not want to waste time entering credit card numbers or shipping information if I can avoid it.

Buddhake

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
If you have Pay already set up in your iPhone wallet, you can use that to pay for the phone, definitely. I would get your app installed and logged in with your Apple ID, even though using Pay seems to keep the transaction separate from your Apple ID in the Apple Store app, but the orders still arrive!!

Nimoy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Put an item in your bag and test it out. As long as you keep your finger off TouchID, you will not accidentally buy anything.

Reactions: Starfyre

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
I have made a purchase before using the Apple Pay on my phone.
I have never used Apple Store app, and just installed it for iPhone.
When the time comes to order an X, will I not have to enter any credit card information or shipping information and I can just use Apple pay with my finger just like I do at Panera Bread?

I do not want to waste time entering credit card numbers or shipping information if I can avoid it.
I think you will find ApplePay limited to items under $100. Apple Store app on the other hand should have all the info needed for iPhone purchase including address.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
Log into the app and look at your account. Check the address and payment methods. Do it now and save time later. Not a big deal.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
I think you will find ApplePay limited to items under $100. Apple Store app on the other hand should have all the info needed for iPhone purchase including address.
What do you mean by limit under $100? Are you saying Apple only allows purchases of greater than $100 at Apple Store and if I go to Panera Bread and by $101 worth of food, Apple Pay won't even be an option for me?

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Apple says otherwise:

• The Apple Store app is the fastest, easiest way to pre-order iPhone X. Apple Store app users can favorite the products they love, get recommendations for accessories based on the Apple products they already own, and check out in an instant with Apple Pay.
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2017/10/iphone-x-available-for-pre-order-on-friday-october-27/

chrisforpm

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2015
I bought my 8+ using Pay on the apple store app. Chose which Visa card I wanted to put it on and used my TouchID. Very simple.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
I need another MR infamous “doom and gloom” articles...maybe that will help people buy it easier. Heh.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
What do you mean by limit under $100? Are you saying Apple only allows purchases of greater than $100 at Apple Store and if I go to Panera Bread and by $101 worth of food, Apple Pay won't even be an option for me?
Correct using ApplePay. No problem with Apple Store though. Certainly applies in Canada. I think it is in the £30 range in the UK.