Want to change Core Data schema without migrating data

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by bug, Aug 21, 2011.

1. bug macrumors regular

Hi -

I'm just starting to learn Core Data and I'm having a heck of a time just making a simple change to my schema. I have been Googling/reading up on this for hours now and it seems like it should be so simple.

My app ran fine the first time I ran it, but now I get the error "The model configuration used to open the store is incompatible with the one that was used to create the store." after changing the schema. I understand why I get this error, and I know I can implement migration (and yes, I understand that using implicit migration it is very easy to migrate). The thing is - I don't want to migrate any data as I'm just messing around.

I must have read 100 posts on this and it seems like I have to manually delete a file but I'm just running this as debug from within Xcode and the file isn't where everyone says it should be (~/Library/Application Support/<app name>).

I have cleaned the project, manually deleted every file I can find associated with the build, and I can't find any other files that seem to have anything to do with this.

What do I have to delete to just completely eradicate any evidence that I have ever put anything in this Core Data store and have it just create a new one with my new schema?

2. bug thread starter macrumors regular

fixed...

...looks like its been moved (or at least mine ended up at)

~/Library/<app name>