Want to completely Re-Do Ipad. Advice?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RomanianLegend, Aug 22, 2012.

1. RomanianLegend macrumors newbie

I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1. Want to unbreak and do software updates then rebreak and add the latest and greatest of cydia apps, tweaks whatever get some cool themes whatever. How can I do this without losing any pictures, apps, music? What should I use to jailbreak it again? What's some stuff to put on there afterward? Ready go.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Use iTunes to back up your iPad. Once you are SURE it's backed up, update your iPad (using iTunes) to 5.1.1. This will retain all apps purchased through the app store, pictures, movies, etc. It will remove any cydia apps (obviously).

Then download the latest version of Absinthe. In my opinion this is the easiest tool to jailbreak your device. It does not remove any data from the device, but simply adds Cydia to the homescreen. From there you can restore your iPad from the backup you made before re-jailbreaking and then you'll have to reinstall all of your tweaks from Cydia and put back all of your sources. It'd be wise to write down your installed packages and sources before doing all of this.

Cheers

3. irDigital0l Guest

just write down some of your favorite tweaks then back everything into icloud, restore, select the backup