Want to do some fixes before upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by taywashere, Jul 21, 2011.

1. taywashere macrumors newbie

Hello :) I received my macbookpro(15) two years ago. Its on Leopard atm, but I want to upgradr. Problem is I'm having lots of problems I'd like to fix first. The first thing that happened was that I dropped my macbook. It got a dent near the charge port and now the first USB port does not work. That didn't ever bother me much so I ignored it. Later on, I spilled Dr. Pepper all over the keyboard ( I believe that hurts my warranty :( ) and it wouldn't turn on so I left it open, upside down overnight and it worked fine the next day so I didn't look any further into it. At some point I woke up to ym trackpad click not working so I had to change it to tap. Well recently the keys ZXCVBNM<> stopped working out of no where so I have to use the keyboard viewer to type those. I have all these problems that I have no idea where they came from or how to fix them. Please help me. :(

2. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Really? I think I have an idea.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

1. Sell MacBook Pro on Craigslist for as much as you can get for it damaged.
    2. Save that money and then some more.
    3. Buy refurb MacBook
    4. Take care of this one!

4. taywashere thread starter macrumors newbie

Well if that was it I'm sure those problems would have began immediately. I did both of those things within the first 3 months of owning it and these problems (excluding dent and usb) started recently.

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Corrosion from the soft drink happens over time. Unless properly cleaned it's only going to get worse.

6. taywashere thread starter macrumors newbie

How much do you think people would buy it for?

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, I suspect you may be right.

That sounds like very good advice. I'd suggest to the OP that he consider it.

Cheers