Want to exchange 6 for 6+ question

blacksurfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
I know...lots of threads about exchanging but I want to exchange my 6 for a 6+ (Tmobile phone bought at Apple Store) Although the Apple website says no inventory do they keep some for exchanges that's not for sale?

Nate.

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
Chicago, IL
I know...lots of threads about exchanging but I want to exchange my 6 for a 6+ (Tmobile phone bought at Apple Store) Although the Apple website says no inventory do they keep some for exchanges that's not for sale?
I'd check with your local Apple Store, they'd probably have a better chance at actually being able to tell their inventory than the website at this point - especially with things like returns I'd assume seeing as, who knows, maybe there's someone in your area wanting to do the exact same but opposite.

blacksurfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
I'd check with your local Apple Store, they'd probably have a better chance at actually being able to tell their inventory than the website at this point - especially with things like returns I'd assume seeing as, who knows, maybe there's someone in your area wanting to do the exact same but opposite.
I wouldn't trust a trade with a used phone possibly getting blacklisted later. I'm within my 14 days so I might just return it and wait for a 6+.

blacksurfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
OK...let's say a 6+ becomes available, is it best to just order a new one and return the old one at the same times as pickup for a refund?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
OK...let's say a 6+ becomes available, is it best to just order a new one and return the old one at the same times as pickup for a refund?
Last I heard, iPhones ordered online from the Apple store can't be returned in store. You'd need to process the return online.

And that's assuming the 6+ even becomes available within the 14-day return period. Don't you have a 5s that you can use in the meantime while you wait for the 6+?

blacksurfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Last I heard, iPhones ordered online from the Apple store can't be returned in store. You'd need to process the return online.

And that's assuming the 6+ even becomes available within the 14-day return period. Don't you have a 5s that you can use in the meantime while you wait for the 6+?
I gave the iphone 5S to my son, but I could suffer with a Windows phone if worse comes to worse. BTW, I ordered and picked up at an Apple store, it wasn't online ordered.

Millionaire2K

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2011
Since you paid full price you can just buy online when you see stock. Just be sure to return other phone within 14 days. This is the best way for you.

Now I bought with my upgrade. So I went to the store when they had stock and asked to exchange. They handle that real easy. But down size for me was not being able to buy in advance online because I needed my upgrade price from exchange. But in store they had no issues getting upgrade price.

Good luck.

PS. YOU CAN RETURN ONLINE ORDERS TO ANY STORE. PEOPLE PLEASE READ POLICY.

heartnsoul45

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Refurbised iPhone 6 already ?

I exchanged my iPhone 6 because of two specks on the front camera
They gave me a brand new sealed box. When I restored from icloud back up it asked for a different Apple ID I hit cancel then a different Apple ID popped up finally mine came up but now I'm thinking if this "new" exchange is a refurbished one. I also noticed that the first iPhone 6 I got had serial number starting with F17NC******* the replacement starts with DNPNC*******
How can I find out if it's refurbised or used or what's going on?

Thanks

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I made 3 returns this past week AT THE APPLE STORE!! 2 cases and 1 phone. :p

The person said "No problem"
This has been my experience as well. Bought iPhone 6 from Apple.com, went to store to swap for 6+, they said "No problem... but we only have gold".

Needless to say I went home empty handed. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.