Want to exchange 6 for 6+ question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blacksurfer, Sep 29, 2014.

1. blacksurfer macrumors regular

I know...lots of threads about exchanging but I want to exchange my 6 for a 6+ (Tmobile phone bought at Apple Store) Although the Apple website says no inventory do they keep some for exchanges that's not for sale?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

White box replacements are for warranty purposes, not exchanges.

3. Nate. macrumors regular

Nate.

I'd check with your local Apple Store, they'd probably have a better chance at actually being able to tell their inventory than the website at this point - especially with things like returns I'd assume seeing as, who knows, maybe there's someone in your area wanting to do the exact same but opposite.

4. blacksurfer thread starter macrumors regular

I wouldn't trust a trade with a used phone possibly getting blacklisted later. I'm within my 14 days so I might just return it and wait for a 6+.

5. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Why do you want a 6 plus? Don't you know the bend when you pick them up?

6. blacksurfer thread starter macrumors regular

The 6 is really a small upgrade from my 5S. I like the bigger screen after playing with one at work.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Isn't curved the big rage these days. Just an added feature :D

8. blacksurfer thread starter macrumors regular

OK...let's say a 6+ becomes available, is it best to just order a new one and return the old one at the same times as pickup for a refund?

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Last I heard, iPhones ordered online from the Apple store can't be returned in store. You'd need to process the return online.

And that's assuming the 6+ even becomes available within the 14-day return period. Don't you have a 5s that you can use in the meantime while you wait for the 6+?

10. blacksurfer thread starter macrumors regular

I gave the iphone 5S to my son, but I could suffer with a Windows phone if worse comes to worse. BTW, I ordered and picked up at an Apple store, it wasn't online ordered.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Then your limiting factor would be if you can score a 6+ while still within your 14-day return period.

12. blacksurfer thread starter macrumors regular

Made an appointment for 10/1 after work. I'll just get a refund and order and wait. thanks

13. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

Since you paid full price you can just buy online when you see stock. Just be sure to return other phone within 14 days. This is the best way for you.

Now I bought with my upgrade. So I went to the store when they had stock and asked to exchange. They handle that real easy. But down size for me was not being able to buy in advance online because I needed my upgrade price from exchange. But in store they had no issues getting upgrade price.

Good luck.

PS. YOU CAN RETURN ONLINE ORDERS TO ANY STORE. PEOPLE PLEASE READ POLICY.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Looks like it's you who need to read policy.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

15. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

I can say this isn't true in my experience. I returned my phone that i pre-ordered online to my local Apple Store.

16. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

I made 3 returns this past week AT THE APPLE STORE!! 2 cases and 1 phone. :p

The person said "No problem"

17. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Oh I was being sarcastic as I have a 6 plus but it's not a small upgrade from the 5s it's a big upgrade and I don't just mean the size. Good luck on your swap.

18. heartnsoul45 macrumors newbie

Refurbised iPhone 6 already ?

I exchanged my iPhone 6 because of two specks on the front camera
    They gave me a brand new sealed box. When I restored from icloud back up it asked for a different Apple ID I hit cancel then a different Apple ID popped up finally mine came up but now I'm thinking if this "new" exchange is a refurbished one. I also noticed that the first iPhone 6 I got had serial number starting with F17NC******* the replacement starts with DNPNC*******
    How can I find out if it's refurbised or used or what's going on?

Thanks

19. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

This has been my experience as well. Bought iPhone 6 from Apple.com, went to store to swap for 6+, they said "No problem... but we only have gold".

Needless to say I went home empty handed. :(

20. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

I bought 6 off Apple.com and returned to Apple Store with absolutely zero issues. I called Apple first and they confirmed.