Want to exchange iPhone at Apple store..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by idyll, Sep 28, 2014.

1. idyll macrumors 6502

I have a iPhone 6 I'd like to exchange for a Plus. I see a Plus pop up for store pick up every now and then, but only for half an hour or so and I live quite a distance from an Apple store.

I used my available "upgrade" pricing on my iPhone 6 already, so now I'd have to buy the Plus at full price if I were to order it through Apple's site for my line.

Could I buy the Plus as a new line for my plan, then when I get to the store I cancel that order and exchange my current iPhone 6 for the Plus to get the upgrade pricing?

Will I incur fees from Verizon for "starting" a new line or exchanging / returning phones?

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

i think you will run into contract-reset-delay. Basically it will take time for servers to update for your eligibility to show up in the system.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I was under this assumption.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will have to return your iphone 6 and get a refund. You have to do it within 14 days of purchase.
    Then a day later your upgrade eligibility will reset and you can purchase a 6 Plus.

4. idyll thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, I'm insane - I already exchanged a 16GB Plus for my 64GB iPhone 6. When I returned the 16GB Plus, my upgrade eligibility came back instantaneously, and I got the 64GB iPhone 6 on the spot. Now I miss the Plus, but definitely need more than 16GB so I'd like to get the 64GB or 128GB version of the Plus.

I see those versions pop up online for order for my nearby Apple store, but only for 30 minutes at a time and randomly throughout the day. That is why I was asking if I could order one online for pickup, but do the order as a "New Line" since I have no upgrade eligibility now. Then, when I get to the store I will explain I actually want an exchange my current phone and request to cancel the new line. Is this possible? Will I incur fees?

Hope that makes sense..

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It sounds like a pain. Cause when you get there to pick it up you will have to return it and close that line you initially opened for it. Then return your current iphone and have the upgrade reset instantly and then get that phone you reserved under that upgrades line instead.
    I'd call Apple to see if they will let you do it so you don't waste your time just to have them deny the whole process.