want to get a Macbook, is there a software that tests hardware?

Who am I

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
hi,

I want to get a Macbook but new at Macs. is there a software I can download that tests hardware? like DBan gives all the specs for mac when you boot up with it. so is there a software that does diagnostics on all the hardware the same way? i want to buy on craigslist and test the hardware before i pay for the macbook. anything else i should know?

thanks.

kpgh554

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
iver england
hi,

I want to get a Macbook but new at Macs. is there a software I can download that tests hardware? like DBan gives all the specs for mac when you boot up with it. so is there a software that does diagnostics on all the hardware the same way? i want to buy on craigslist and test the hardware before i pay for the macbook. anything else i should know?

thanks.
if comes with boot disc insert disc hold "d" whilst booting to start hardware test

Who am I

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
if comes with boot disc insert disc hold "d" whilst booting to start hardware test
can this disk test mobo, hdd, ram, etc. and all the components of hardware inside the macbook?

i was asking for more of a disk for IT Techs instead of the default one that comes with the laptop.

thanks though.

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
can this disk test mobo, hdd, ram, etc. and all the components of hardware inside the macbook?

i was asking for more of a disk for IT Techs instead of the default one that comes with the laptop.

thanks though.
Yes, it is the Apple Hardware Test. I'm pretty sure it tests all of those things.