Want to get an older MobileSubstrate version..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Aug 8, 2010.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2007
    Anyone know what version of Mobilesubstrate was out on August 3rd? I think that's the one that installed when I grabbed ultrasn0w as soon as it came out REALLY early on august 4th before the next mobilesubstrate update.

ultrasn0w worked fine then and i just updated to the latest mobilesubstrate and the battery life has taken a tremendous hit. I think it's a bug and they don't get along well together.

So do you know what version that was and a repo where I can get it? Thanks.

i think it was 0.9.3226-1 or a version right before that... which I think is 0.9.3209-1

Any idea where to get that?
  2. impulse462 macrumors 68000

Jun 3, 2009
    How exactly would you install any version of mobilesubstrate.

When you add apt.saurik.com/cydia as a source, there are no mobile substrate packages and adding the "/debs/" at the end doesn't work.
  3. dZp macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2006

The link I posted is accessible via your browser. It's not a source to add to Cydia.
    Download the appropriate .deb file and install using any of the following methods :
    • via Terminal using dpkg -i /path/to/*.deb
    • use Cydia's AutoInstall feature
    • use iFile on your iPhone
    Google is your friend. ;)

You're welcome.
  4. impulse462 macrumors 68000

Jun 3, 2009
    Ah, yes I searched and found it. Thanks a lot.
  5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2007
    Thanks guys. :)

I figured that out eventually. Any way to send that .deb and get it installed without already having mobilesubstrate on there?

I restored my phone and only have Cydia on there, no mobilesubstrate/ultrasn0w/signal yet...
  6. impulse462 macrumors 68000

Jun 3, 2009
    Go to cydia and install OpenSSH. Then using either WinSCP (windows) or Cyberduck (OS X), ssh into your phone and navigate to the "/tmp" folder

Drag the .deb file into the temp folder and then type in a terminal window "dpkg -i /tmp/name.deb" of course replace "name" with the title of the mobilesubstrate file.

Once you're done you can remove the .deb file from the /tmp folder. Open cydia, and mobilesubstrate should be installed, and it should be asking for an update. Just make sureyou don't update it ;)