Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Hi I decided I want to get away from Google as much as I can because I like the Apple ecosystem much better.

How do I migrate all my gmail labels to iCloud?

I guess since all the forums etc I belong too have my gmail address I'll have to go through each one and change.

Jimmyappleaddict

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2015
Dallas , texas
Hi I decided I want to get away from Google as much as I can because I like the Apple ecosystem much better.

How do I migrate all my gmail labels to iCloud?

I guess since all the forums etc I belong too have my gmail address I'll have to go through each one and change.
Its your lucky day cause ystrdy apple announced an app that can be downloaded on google play that helps you shift your things from android to ios . Look for t's name on 'google' i forgot sorry

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Its your lucky day cause ystrdy apple announced an app that can be downloaded on google play that helps you shift your things from android to ios . Look for t's name on 'google' i forgot sorry
Don't think that will do much in relation to Gmail labels.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Interesting that the OP wants to get away from Google. I have long since found that it's Google that has liberated me from some of Apple's stupid ecosystem issues.

When you have different devices by companies other than Apple and PowerPC Macs, then you find it doesn't just 'work' with Apple. Try hooking your iCloud contacts up to your Android tablet or syncing iCloud contacts with Entourage 2008 on a PowerPC Mac running Leopard 10.5.8.

Google turned out to be my solution to all of this.

Just my stance on it.

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I've been trying to dump my gmail account for a couple of years now. Unfortunately I made one capital error when I set up my Apple and iTunes accounts, and that was to use the gmail account as my email. It's now impossible to remove because Apple simply won't let me change it for an .me or .icloud address. Probably one of the most annoying things in the whole Apple ecosystem for me at least.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I've been trying to dump my gmail account for a couple of years now. Unfortunately I made one capital error when I set up my Apple and iTunes accounts, and that was to use the gmail account as my email. It's now impossible to remove because Apple simply won't let me change it for an .me or .icloud address. Probably one of the most annoying things in the whole Apple ecosystem for me at least.
You can't change it to something other than that - or just don't want to?

I have email addresses from free providers and my own domains out the wazoo. I use them for a bunch of different purposes and I didn't have any issue changing my Apple ID from my home email address to my Yahoo account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.