Want to give apple a hint - dont know how!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sicutz, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sicutz macrumors member

Hey guys,

I want to send an email do Apple, because I want to chance the iMac.

I want a HDMI Input to use the iMac as a display seperately for my Playstation 4 and stuff like that.

I know it is possible to do this with an special device (I think its about 100$), but it only allows to play in 720P, and of cause I need to pay for that.

The missing HDMI Input is the reason why I dont buy the iMac - instead I bought my Macbook and a 27 inch display.

How can I send my feedback or my idea to Apple?

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

tcook@icloud.com

If you have the current iMac or the late 2012 one its not possible even with a 100$ box.

3. Bear macrumors G3

iMac Feedback.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Adding an HDMI input to the iMac will never happen. Just buy a Mac Mini and a monitor with multiple video inputs.

5. Sicutz thread starter macrumors member

6. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

Nor should it. It is an AIO, not a monitor.

7. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Good idea. Some AIO desktop from Dell and HP already has 1 HDMI input. But we're talking about Apple here. There's no way they would make it easy for you to connect PC or console to an iMac. No way no how. Anyway your iMac is already capable of being a monitor for any of Thunderbolt Mac, assuming you have the cable already.

Even their Thunderbolt display has only one thunderbolt input and it does not work with any other video source even if you buy an adapter. So yeah you can bury your dream until some third party come out with a solution.

8. fredr500 macrumors regular

Lenovo makes one

I have a 27" Lenovo Table PC on my desk. It is cool, lays flat to play games, has a full touchscreen (my arms are hurting after using it like that for a couple hours) and runs Win8.

99% of the time I use it with my MacBook Pro connected to the HDMI in so it is second monitor for my Mac. Best use of a windows box ever!