want to make a photo/video slideshow...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OrangeCuse44, Sep 10, 2007.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

I have iLife 08 and want to make a slideshow with a combo of photos and videos with music in the background. Will either iPhoto or iMovie handle this task by itself or am i going to have to use a combo of both? Thanks.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i am actually gthering up some pictures and videos as i type t do teh same but i don t have iLife 08...:confused: hope i can do it easily

3. NinjaKid macrumors member

Multimedia Slide shows

IDVD can do this in a easy way but it has a major drawback which is, if you use more then 100 photos you get a pause in both music and slideshow playback. This will happen each time it hits 100 slides. This is due to the way the slideshow is made, IDVD will make each photo a chapter when it burns the DVD So while it works good in preview mode the DVD created will show the pause problem which will also cause the music to go out of sync. Why they do it this way I don't know I do not understand they they just didnt convert the slideshow into a video or at least offer that option.

4. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

i will be doing this soon so I posted to easily find this thread later on. BTW if anyone know a great way of make an HD movie using a bunch of Hi-Res Pictures please do tell me...thanks in advance

5. DonnaJim23 macrumors newbie

I suggest you use iMovie although it's kinda complicated, but when you know the basics you will definitely loved it. I do all of my AVP or Audio Visual Presentation in iMovie and it's so fun to do :)