Want to paint macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by elgooch85, Oct 5, 2008.

1. elgooch85 macrumors newbie

I want to paint my macbook flat black, matte black, etc.. does anyone know any services that will do a quality job on painting my macbook?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

In the spirit of macrumors, do it yourself!

Sand, prime, sand, color, sand, color, sand, coat, sand, coat. Works every time!

4. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Yeah, OP: They would a wonderful job on painting and it looks really great in the end!

5. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Yeah, definitely go with Colorware. They are a little pricey, but they do a great job.

I wouldn't recommend painting your Macbook yourself. And please don't dye your computer. It will just look plain horrible.

6. jhvander macrumors newbie

Looking at the new (late 2008) macbook/mbp taken apart by iFixit, it seems like painting the one aluminum cover black would do the trick. This should be far cheaper and easier to do than the process Colorware charges so much for.

Must be cheaper options out there to paint one chunk of aluminum.

7. PinkHappy macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if painting it (or gluing crystals on it) will void the warranty with Apple, or at the very least, cause you problems if you need to send it in for something?

8. chaos86 macrumors 65816

chaos86

Gluing crystals on it may cause you to be ejected from the macrumors community, but I doubt it would void the warranty.

9. PinkHappy macrumors newbie

oh well. I happen to like Swarovski crystals on everything! :eek: I probably wouldn't do it anyhow, as it would be way too expensive.