Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
My girl has a Google Pixel 2xl, and last week was her birthday and i gifted her and iphoes 11. She wants to pass whatsapp messages from android to ios. I have searched in google in i have two options, which one would you recomend to us.
-Dr.phone
-MobileTrans

Prices in "dr.phone whatapp backup" are 30dollars 1 year/50 $ lifetime. In Mobiletrans is 50 $ lifetime and 60 full features (only few more like contacts or photos [this can do manually])

Pd: I post you guys others features of d.phone. WOuld you recomend us any another feature? ANd the features of mobiletrans.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-27 a les 13.37.48.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-27 a les 13.37.48.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 364
  • Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-27 a les 13.41.01.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-27 a les 13.41.01.png
    365.5 KB · Views: 204

dwellselectric

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2020
In the WhatsApp she can choose backup messages on the android phone. When she downloads it onto the iPhone it will give an option to retrieve messages backed up.

Reactions: circatee

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
I don't think so. In android the back up is in Google Drive and Ios in icloud but i woulld try it.
HOpe another one can answer me.

In the WhatsApp she can choose backup messages on the android phone. When she downloads it onto the iPhone it will give an option to retrieve messages backed up.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Look at the bottom it tells you how to do this

bc4517af55f15ea45817a64b710bf204.png

IS in catalan but it says
restore Back up rom icloud (the app just told us to put and the phone number and a sms)
restore backuo now from icloud if you dont do taht now you coulnd do later

no backup found

skip restoration

IMG_0424.PNG

Can't see anything revelant in your photo. Should i have Google drive app instaled in her android and iphone

jschnee21

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Ummm, no. I had hoped that this would work, too. But, in the iOS version of What's App it clearly says that it's backing up to iCloud. It appears the Android version of What's App cannot access this and visa versa

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Ummm, no. I had hoped that this would work, too. But, in the iOS version of What's App it clearly says that it's backing up to iCloud. It appears the Android version of What's App cannot access this and visa versa

Yeah i tried with and old iphone and my dad phone (s7 edge) and didn not worked, cant use my gril phone cause is not home (due quarentine).

So you @jschnee21 think is better mobiletrans than dr.phone?

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
I don't get why people get hung up on messages that have been sent in the past, move on and keep talking...
But anyway, I went through this for a family member recently and you'd have to download an app on android and it was a huge workaround, at the end the person just started over on the new phone.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Cause people normaly have and attachment to close people like friends, family, partner.
If someone want to know, i used dr.fone a wondershare paid like 30 euros for a 1 year (you can use in diferents phone). You may think is expensive, so do i. The only problem i had is the past mesage appear as blue double cheked even if it was disenabled.

Pd: offf topic how i can but the products in here to appear at the end of meesage. LIke you @guicane have macbook pro 16", iphone 11 pro max, Aw series 5

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Cause people normaly have and attachment to close people like friends, family, partner.
Yeah I guess, one of the reasons I only use Telegram, not having to worry with this nonsense but Whatsapp is everywhere so...

Pd: offf topic how i can but the products in here to appear at the end of meesage. LIke you @guicane have macbook pro 16", iphone 11 pro max, Aw series 5
Click on your username on the bar at the top right of the site and then click Signature!

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Oh, so WhatsApp does not restore from Android to iOS?
I thought the WhatsApp backups were stored in WhatsApp cloud services. Thus, one could restore from one OS, to another.

Interesting...

tomasxytt

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2020
found a fresh instruction on a free way to transfer Whatsapp chats and media between iPhone and Android

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.