want to re-install iLife after clean install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by FlyingWhiteKite, Aug 19, 2008.

1. FlyingWhiteKite macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I bought a MacBook in november 07, Leopard pre-installed
    In June I had a clean install. Everything worked fine again until I mentioned that iMovie and iWeb were disappeared. Strange because Garageband and iPhoto both were in the application's folder (Even Spotlight couldn't find iMovie and iWeb so I think they're just not installed). Maybe this problem was solved by re-installing 'bundled software' so I did this. Now iMovie and iWeb also appear in the Application's folder, but I can't open the majority of my applications! When I trie, there comes the message 'application ... quit unexpectedly'.
    Programmes affected: Mail, iChat, iWork, iLife,..
    but unaffected: Safari, Activity Monitor, Preview, AdressBook, iTunes,Quicktime ... and all programmes not from Apple

What should I do??? :confused: Restart didn't help.. Maybe restart from TimeMachine disk? But then I've still the problem that my iLife problem isn't solve and I will lose all my work from today and yesterday...

Greetz, Brecht aka WhiteKite.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

During the clean install, you had an opportunity to pick OS only or OS and applications. I would think you can pop in the Leopard disk and bring back imovie and iweb. For me, I was asked to put in the second Leopard disk during the reinstall.