Want to sell iPhone 6 for 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Delorean2006, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

So I got a 6 thinking it was the right size and because that's what was available when I got it, I honestly feel that it's too small for me, I wish I got the 6+ because of the screen and the battery life, so I want to sell my 6 for a 6+, I want to know if I can 600-650 for it so I can pay off the att next plan I got it on and get a 6+ on att next? I also have the smallest little chip by the headphone jack, which I don't know how it happened because I have never dropped my phone before, so can I get 600-650 even with the tiny chip for the 6+ and pay off the att next and just start a new att next with the 6+ because I know I'll keep that for a long time

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

The 6 is readily available now so you're not getting $600 for them anymore used. You can probably get $500-550 and then pay the difference yourself.

3. baller1308 macrumors 65816

My brain hurts a little from reading that :rolleyes:

Check Swappa.com and see what the going rate is for your phone. You never mentioned color or storage size so it's hard to say. As long as you have had the phone for 2 months you should be able to pay off the phone and sign up for another next plan.

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Put it on craigslist and see what offers you get. I just sold my iPhone 5s for $450 on Sunday.

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

The chip, even small, is going to turn away buyers unless the saving is substantial. You are better off keeping the 6, and get an iPad to go with it.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, $600 seems a bit high. But give it a shot, you never know.

7. Delorean2006 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry I can't believe I left that out, 64gb silver, on att

8. its Dale macrumors 6502

Just check to see what it retails at and sell at or below that price. You can always say that it will save the buyer tax money. (ie; $750 + tax at the store or $750 no tax from you. However, with a small chip, dont expect it to sell at retail value.

9. JulesJam Suspended

JulesJam

check swappa.com and ebay for prices but I doubt with a chip you can get $600 for a 64GB iP6. Last Mint condition AT&T 64GB iP6 sold for $600 on swappa.

10. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I'm seriously thinking about seeing if anyone would want to straight up swap their iPhone 6 128GB Space Gray for my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray. I'm just getting tired of the bigger device. I don't even want the $100 difference in price. Do you think the Apple store would let me do this? I'm a loyal customer who has bought a metric crapton of their stuff over the years. It's just that I bought it at launch so I'm well past the return window. At first it was fine but over time I've grown annoyed with it. I would be perfectly fine with it if it was 5.2" so I could reach across comfortably and had a reduced top and bottom bezel. I don't even wear tight pants but the thing annoys me over time in my pocket. The other day my wife had me carry her iPhone 5 around in my other pocket for her while she was doing something and I completely forgot it was in there.

11. Ashtar macrumors regular

OP can't use Swappa. He said that he has the phone on AT&T Next, and Swappa's terms clearly say that selling a phone you still owe money for is not allowed.

----------

I'd take you up on that, but my iPhone 6 is 64GB. :(

12. tritron macrumors regular

Well maybe we need trade your iphone section. I see lots of people not happy with iphone 6+ maybe they want to trade for iphone 6. Contacting att and see if they let him exchange for 6+

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If you have the capitol, pay off your next plan so you can get it unlocked. That will open up potential buyers immensely. I don;t see why you couldn't get $600 after that.

14. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

AT&T has a nominal restocking fee for the existing phone, then you can easily switch to what you want.

15. bubulol macrumors 6502a

Contrary to most of people, i have downgraded size phone even though its on Android
    Like many of you, when i switched from 3'5 (4S) to a giant format at this time, 5 (Xperia Z),
    After some days, i loved it although i needed to handle it with both hands
    6+ seems to be comparable with Note 3/4 size, that's the extreme limit to be within my pocket
    Now i have almost same size as 6 (Z3C even though its size is closer to 5S)
    And i enjoy it much more, i can use from one hand
    Jobs was partially right, a smartphone needs to be handle from one hand
    My advice would be
    Keep your 6 and let idiots enjoying an half of years with this giant phone, they will regret it later :rolleyes: