Want to sell my 8gb...SIM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MAClover143, Jun 4, 2008.

1. MAClover143 macrumors member

I want to sell my 8gb on Ebay but I will need another phone while I wait for Iphone2. What should I do?

If I take the SIM out will it decrease the selling price? How will the buyer use the phone? Should I jailbreak it then? Any good websites to jailbreak 1.1.4?

Thank you!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

He should be able to go to AT&T for the SIM. He would just ask for an iPhone specific SIM.

Though you will get a higher price for it unlocked.

I say wait for the iPhone Mark 2. I don't think your current phone will drop in price too much.

3. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

You can probably find your answer in one of the many other threads where people are asking the same questions.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Actually, you could use any SIM card that AT&T issues (about $25). I had a KRZR with an AT&T SIM card and just pulled it out of the KRZR and popped it into the iPhone and poof, everything transferred. Remember if you unlock it and jailbreak it, then the buyer restores it without taking heed to your warnings, (people are just like that, they'll not listen to advice), you may get into a dispute with the buyer and eBay/PayPal has no problem refuting charges/sales and ruling in favor of the buyer. Gets expensive and time consuming, sending everything back and forth and then refunds to boot. :eek: