Want to stop App Store from auto opening..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 3wood, Mar 13, 2018.

1. 3wood macrumors member

3wood

I updated from El Cap to Sierra (not High Sierra) a couple of days ago. Now when I open Safari, the App Store opens automatically. Isure would like to stop it. It does this on the iMac but not on my MBPro. Both puters are running same version of Sierra and Safari. Thank you for help.

Reed.
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:01PM EDT

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68030

casperes1996

I'm assuming this is just because Safari loads an App Store address when you open it. What web page is it set to load when it opens?

3. 3wood thread starter macrumors member

3wood

I'm not sure......does this answer your question?
    Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 12.59.09 PM.jpg

4. casperes1996 macrumors 68030

casperes1996

Unless you have a safari page open with a Mac App Store page every time you quit Safari it shouldn’t do that.

I can’t think of a a reason it’d behave that way.

5. hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Do you mean the app store website in Safari...or the App Store application itself?

If it is the App Store app, it is selected as login item, or otherwise selected to auto open?

6. 3wood thread starter macrumors member

3wood

The App Store was opening as if I had opened it from the Apple menu on my desktop.......not a web page.

I had already checked in users & groups prefs to make sure it was not a selected login item.

I have just opened Safari several times - some after restarts and some without restarting in between. THE PROBLEM HAS STOPPED..... Don't know why. I did nothing to try to fix it. It just stopped opening App Store. Bugs me. Thank you all for your ideas. If it starts up again, I'll be back in touch.
    Reed
    Tuesday, March 13, 2018 15:41PM EDT