Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
I currently only have a Late 08 unibody 15" MBP, but I have simply fell in love with OS X and have now, after a year and a half, been able to transfer all of my work over to osx as well as hobby and entertainment.

I want a 27" iMac (i5 or i7 Quad) and am wanting to get either the most I can get for my current rig or maybe make a straight across trade. I don't know much of current used market values for windows based PC's and I realise mine is old but a little help would be fantastic.

First my PC:

CPU- C2Q 9550
RAM- 8GB DDR2-100 (G.Skill)
GPU- 4890 1GB (XFX Brand, lifetime warranty)
Hard Drives- 2 x320GB Seagate`s in RAID 0 and 640GB x1 for cold storage and swap file
mobo- Gigabyte P45-UD3R
-Newish Burner
-Extensive Water Cooling, including a Dtek CPU Block, Swiftech GPU Block, Swiftech triple RAD, RES, pump as well as 9x120mm low rpm fans (Scythe &Yate Loon)
-Case is a Cooler Master 830 Brushed Aluminum, I have removed the side mesh panel and have installed a custom acrylic window

Monitor is actually an LCD TV (IPS Panel AFAIK)

model number= Samsung LN32A550
-32`inches
-1080p
-3 x HDMI

etc..

Misc parts include a Saitek Eclips keyboard (mint) and a Logitech G5 mouse

-Almost every part has a receipt.

So what do you guys think as far as putting her on craigslist for trade for a 27 inch imac

basically how much will i need to throw in to make a deal

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You should know by now that entertaining ideas of selling something or posting "feeler" threads outside the marketplace is against the forum rules.

Revised I would say you should sell it for whatever price you think is fair and replace it with the iMac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.