Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Should I get a new iPhone 14 pro max now and then trade it in later for the 15 pro max/ultra?

• Total voters

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
So I gave my purple iPhone 14 pro max to my wife, she gave me her iPhone 12 Pro, got myself an Samsung S23 Ultra. The S23 is a beast phone, but after a few months of use, I have issues sometimes communicating with my friends/family back in the USA from Germany (I'm here for a few years for work) and also a lot of other cools apps are mainly on iPhone. The apple ecosystem is heavy in my house: MacBook Pro 16, Apple TV, a 3-4 year old iPad Pro and even older iPad pros. The media consumption, subscription to apple fitness, the Apple Watch ultra that I have with all this is tied into a seamless ecosystem. The Samsung ecosystem is also another alternative but it's gonna be buying a lot of new peripherals, etc. Plus I'm never gonna get away from an Apple computer as my main computer.

I am also looking into the iPhone 15 pro max ultra beast manic panic monster version for the both of us when it comes out especially for the USB-C. I'm looking into switching back to the iPhone as my main phone, but the iPhone 12 pro's battery is dying so fast compared to the new phones we have. Anyway, I'm wondering if I should just get another purple 14 pro max now, then when the 15 pro max/ultra comes out, trade it in for that? I just sold a bunch of stuff in my house during a garage sale and now I have enough cash for new phones :)

I don't want to buy it used on Facebook around Germany because I've heard of scams and people selling fake/replica iPhones in boxes where they list the phones on Facebook as "brand new never opened" and they have photos of a working phone on their posts.

TKSX

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2021
Trade the Samsung S23 ultra or sell it for $. Use the $ to get the 14 Pro Max and move everything from the 12 to the 14 Pro max. Trade the 12 pro to apple store for gift card.

When the 15 comes out, use the $ in the gift card and trade the 14 pro max for the 15 pro max.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Summer is a looooong time in terms of tech life, to hold on to the S23 Ultra. I agree with the poster above, get the 14 Pro Max now and then use the gift card money for the 15 Pro Max and be a happy camper all summer and next year!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Summer is a looooong time in terms of tech life, to hold on to the S23 Ultra. I agree with the poster above, get the 14 Pro Max now and then use the gift card money for the 15 Pro Max and be a happy camper all summer and next year!
Until the iPhone 16 comes out…:)

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
So I gave my purple iPhone 14 pro max to my wife, she gave me her iPhone 12 Pro, got myself an Samsung S23 Ultra. The S23 is a beast phone, but after a few months of use, I have issues sometimes communicating with my friends/family back in the USA from Germany (I'm here for a few years for work) and also a lot of other cools apps are mainly on iPhone. The apple ecosystem is heavy in my house: MacBook Pro 16, Apple TV, a 3-4 year old iPad Pro and even older iPad pros. The media consumption, subscription to apple fitness, the Apple Watch ultra that I have with all this is tied into a seamless ecosystem. The Samsung ecosystem is also another alternative but it's gonna be buying a lot of new peripherals, etc. Plus I'm never gonna get away from an Apple computer as my main computer.

I am also looking into the iPhone 15 pro max ultra beast manic panic monster version for the both of us when it comes out especially for the USB-C. I'm looking into switching back to the iPhone as my main phone, but the iPhone 12 pro's battery is dying so fast compared to the new phones we have. Anyway, I'm wondering if I should just get another purple 14 pro max now, then when the 15 pro max/ultra comes out, trade it in for that? I just sold a bunch of stuff in my house during a garage sale and now I have enough cash for new phones :)

I don't want to buy it used on Facebook around Germany because I've heard of scams and people selling fake/replica iPhones in boxes where they list the phones on Facebook as "brand new never opened" and they have photos of a working phone on their posts.
I got my 14 pro 256gb off FBM 2 months ago, was new hadn't been activated, box was opened so could check it out.
Was $1,000AUD cash, retail is $1899AUD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.