Want to take notes alongside pdf in Pages

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by roccobladr, Sep 25, 2013.

1. roccobladr macrumors 6502

I know there are apps such as iAnnotate that will do this but here is my vision that I can't seem to execute...

-open up PDF file on macbook air in Preview
    -select ALL thumbnail pages (theres over 100) and paste them into Pages on macbook
    -sync to icloud and open document on ipad for being able to add text

For some reason, I can't figure out the best way to do this. I don't think theres a way to do it right on the iPad?

Im able to paste a single PDF page into pages and do it like that but can't seem to get them all on there.

TBH I'm not even sure if this is the best forum to post this in but if anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it! :D

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Why not just save the pdf document in dropbox, open it in notability on your ipad, add whatever you want, then save it back in dropbox?

Your method seems needlessly convoluted. Icloud syncing is also ridiculously slow across iworks. Is there an advantage to it?

3. roccobladr thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess what I really want is just something that lets me see the PDF and take standard notes side by side. I don't want to have to use the little note "bubbles" or anything that some of those apps have.

Its a big PDF of slides for a conference I'm going to and want just see the slides on the left and take some simple notes on the right side.

And I would prefer not to pay money thats why I suggested the first option with pages lol.