Want to un-jailbreak iphone 3GS because it will checked by Apple

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by egphone, Jul 14, 2010.

1. egphone macrumors newbie

Hi everyone
    I have iphone 3GS 16 GB, currently on 3.1.3, jailbroken by spirit and unlocked. It is one month old only. I noticed that the battery drains so fast (3 hours of listening to music through earbuds and 30 minutes of wi-fi and that's all, I have truned wi-fi off, push notifications off, location off, EQ off etc). Since this battery life is not typical for iphone 3GS, I am planning to get it checked by Apple. But an employee there told me they will not touch it as long as it is jailbroken. I downloaded 3.1.3. and tried to make restore through itunes (click restore while holding shift and browse to 3.1.3) but it does accept and it gave me error # 3194. itunes asked me to upgrade to iOS 4.0 but I don't want to do it now becasue I know there is no jailbreak. So, is there anyway to un-jailbreak and restore to 3.1.3 so that it can be checked by Apple? Any suggestions to solve this problem are highly appreciated. Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it has battery issues it will be replaced anyway.
    So you will get it exchanged and your new iphone will probably be on 4.0 anyway unless you're lucky and get one with 3.1.3.
    Either way you wont walk out of the store with the same phone so just restore it to official firmware and bring it in.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Have you tried calibrating your battery meter? It could be something as simple as an inaccurate battery reading. Run it to automatic shutoff, charge to 100% + 2 hrs, and repeat.

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Since Apple will only officially let you restore to current firmware (4.0), do you have your SHSH files saved, through Cydia or on your computer? If you don't know what it means, google. If yes, point iTunes to them, and then, you can restore with 3.1.3 files. If no, you only option is to upgrade to OS 4.0.

5. egphone thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for your replies.
    1. The guy in Apple store told me they will not touch it as long as I have Cydia
    2. I don't think it is a problem with the battery meter because after 3.5 hours it was shutdown.
    3. I did not save shsh before jailbreak, can I save it now while cydia is there?
    Also I wanted to un-jailbreak to see if the battery problem is coming from the jailbreak.Thanks again

6. The General macrumors 601

duh

No. wouldn't help you anyway because they'll probably just replace your iphone.

plug into itunes, hit restore

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

That will upgrade his phone to 4.0. He needs to shift-restore (Win) or option-restore (Mac) to 3.1.3.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

But he doesnt have SHSH's saved.
    So maybe restore to official 4.0 and see if it fixes it and then wait for the new JB.

9. egphone thread starter macrumors newbie

This will make it ipod only......I want to return to 3.1.3 (without JB) to see if battery is good or not. Otherwise, if guys here are sure the genius rep will be OK with the JB, I will book an appointment.

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you rely on a software unlock, you must not restore your phone or take it to the genius bar for a replacement. Either way, you will probably end up with a locked phone. Wait until a new jailbreak tool is released.

11. egphone thread starter macrumors newbie