Want windows 7 as Default OS

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mycatisbigfoot, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    When ever I turn on my mac It goes right in to OSX I would like it ether to go to the OS select panel. or to boot in to windows 7
    The mac side does not see the windows boot option in the "boot disk setting"

I have been with macs for the since 2001 but Leaving it behind (I need cheap stuff" as I am in school and no job and need a new desktop as my g4 is to old, so yea,

But is there a way to make windows 7 default ?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

just do the following but select the bootcamp partition with windows on it, instead of Mac OS ;)

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_force_boot_camp_to_boot_into_mac_os_x.html

*edit* ok confused now, you say you've got an iMac? but your desktop is a G4? you cant install windows on a PPC based system, it just wont work,

if you want a basic PC for windows then just buy a pc, it'd be a lot cheaper then buying a new Mac for that sole purpose

3. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

4. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

probably likes Mac Hardware ... nothing wrong with that!

5. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

ugh (English is not good when I am tired)

My coumputer with 7 on it is a mac book (I never said I had an imac) I posed this in the Macbook,
    I use a power mac g4 as my mac books disk drive broke and apple is going to charge me to fix it,

I have also done that but in the mac setting for boot disk does not show windows 7, Never has but showed Xp and vista,

6. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

your after a new computer because your hard drive has died?

just buy a new one, depending on the spec of your machine i'd guess it's gonna take a 2.5" sata running upto 7200Rpm? look on ebay for one you should be able to pick up anything between 160Gb and 500Gb for not a lot of money ;)

7. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

no Disk drive, where you put disks in,
    If it was the hard drive it would of been fixed I have an old one lying around,
    \But tell me how to get 7 as the default.

8. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

if the steps in my first post aren't enough to make it default then i dont know sorry. it should work.

9. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

I've done that like over 9000 times, never worked it worked frin for Vista and Xp, It work for 7 yet,

is there some some sort of command i can do in the unix program?

10. Fuchal macrumors 68020

System Preferences > Startup Disk > Click the Windows disk. If it's not there try Boot CampAssistant again, or try it from Windows Boot camp control panel.

11. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

iv'e done that and still does not work. I've even reinstalled windows at this point

12. Mycatisbigfoot thread starter macrumors regular

Never mind the 3.1boot camp drivers fixed my problem ,

thanks no one