wanted a few view points.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kaylieray800, Feb 28, 2010.

1. kaylieray800 macrumors newbie

Well I had a few questions
    Is there anyway to buy apple care for my macbook? I called them once and they said it 60 days overdue. I had thought about calling them once more( or are they that big of nazis?)
    Also assuming I cant get apple care for it, would a generic battery fry or tear up my laptop? I reallyyy dont want to fork over for 140 dollars one. Or is there somewhere you can get the refurbished ones cheaper.
    Also I had a kernel panic, it only happened once, but it seemed to be a graphics error should I be alarmed?
    Also if I reinstall my os, It has a "snow leopard drop in cpu disc. SO I am assuming I would use the reinstall discs and then just install it that way (not sure) also would it have all the right drivers for it, like isight etc.
    also does apple have any direct broadcast manager, that has effects?
    thanks for any help you can give

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If you have passed the one year mark, which is seems you have, then "no" you will not be able to purchase AppleCare

No, a generic battery shouldn't fry your computer
    Some basic Google searches should turn up some alternative batteries for you to consider, or you can check eBay

You can check out more info on Kernel Panics here:
    Kernel Panic

Isolating issues in Mac OS X

Resolving Kernel Panics

Yes, you can reinstall SL from the drop in disc and it should have everything you need

That I couldn't tell you