Wanted: Black Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by drichards, Mar 11, 2009.

1. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Black is the new black. Its time Apple release a black keyboard and mouse. Again. Not the old clear plastic one... though if I could find that, I'd probably get it all the same.

2. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I totally agree I want a black keyboard and mouse. I did get an iskin black cover for my mighty mouse so at least I don't have to look at a white mouse next to my black macbook. I am still ticked off that they got rid of the black macbook and kept that awful white model :confused:

3. feza4 macrumors newbie

4. mik34 macrumors member

Yeah, but unfortunately there's no option for metallic plate with black keys and white lettering. The keys have to match the plate, which looks stupid all black.

5. stevod macrumors member

6. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

7. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

You are right here, I really wish apple would release a bluetooth/wired keyboard with the macbook keys and macbook keyboard backlighting.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The black one looks hideous. It doesn't look clean or refreshing like the white models do. White usually means purity, clean, refreshing, happy... Black means emo, dark, dirty, unpure, etc. That's not always the case....

9. joseph87 macrumors member

joseph87

I'm sure one could buy an aluminum keyboard from apple and just do what this person did. I would personally buy it if the seller put all of the keys. I'm seriously thinking of doing it myself. Then again, I might just get the all black colorware job. I really don't mind it being all (carbon) black with white key lettering. If anyone else does this I would like to see pictures if its a custom job or a colorware job.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-Apple-Wi...rms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318#ebayphotohosting

10. island macrumors 6502

island

Just got a new BT one, black on black, at Colorware.

Attached Files:

11. courboy macrumors regular

Afraid to say that the black one looks truly atrocious !!

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

13. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

It looks like it's been bathing in tar...

@SnowLeopard2008... your comment reminded me of a man called Peter I saw on TV who thought black haired girls look like zombies... is that you Peter?

14. ray648 macrumors regular

Would the black macbook keys not fit the wireless keyboard? That doesn't help those of us who like our numeric keypads though.

15. Lloyd Christmas macrumors regular

And this whole time, I thought I was the only person wanting a blacked keyed key board.

16. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I want the black backlit Apple keyboard too!

Please make one Apple

Add a poll asking if you want one

17. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I believe the key - no pun intended would be to keep the aluminum frame/surround and just have the keys black.

18. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

yep, alu on the outside with the keys black. I guess a backlit would be good but would it consume too much power?

19. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I just picked a bluetooth apple keyboard today at Best Buy, on sale. Things are really slick, I'm just a sucker for aluminum.

20. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...Alum frame with black keys would be my vote, that black/black combo doesn't look good:eek:

21. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

+1 - perhaps if it were matte instead of that glossy shiny wet look

22. 929406 macrumors regular

keyboard is a keyboard, happy with my current wireless one black is so boring!

23. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If it's for the Wireless keyboard, there's no reason why you can't buy a dead or faulty topcase from a MacBook Black. Then just manually replace all the white keys with the black keycaps, the fitting is the same!!

24. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

This brings up an interesting idea. Wonder if the keys from the bluetooth keyboard are the same as the unibodies keys. They look pretty much look the same. This would be nice cuz we all know that the black keys wear out so fast and show the finger oils very easy.

25. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I'd imagine as far as fitting goes, they're gonna be identical. But do remember, the letters on the white wifi keyboard are printed on and they're made from solid bit of non-transparent plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So using the white keycaps such as those found wifi keyboard, on the MacBook Unibodies will make the backlight keyboard non-functional; this is because the black key's on the Unibodies are made with a semi/transparent material, allowing light emmited from the keyboard to show through. If the though of not having backlight doesn't concern you, then there shoun't be any issues.