wanted: girly laptop bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by apinchofhope, Aug 16, 2007.

1. apinchofhope macrumors newbie

I have been searching for a bag/case/sack/carrying device for my 15" macbook pro since I got it (Feb 07) and I still haven't really found anything I'm dying to get. I don't really want to spend a ton of money, no more than $100 US. Also, I reeeeally don't want a "laptop bag", you know, the kind that are briefcase-esque, with a long shoulder strap, almost always black. The kind that screams "I'm carrying $2000 on my shoulder, mug me!" Yeah. Those. No thanks.

I want color! And some fun style! I like shoulder bags the best, with short handles, the kind of thing that looks like a large purse. Fits right under your arm, fairly easy to carry. I also like messengers, and backpacks, but I don't like huge clunky bags. I don't need a gajillion pockets and I don't plan to pack a change of clothes. I want space for power cables, a small mouse, headphones, that's pretty much it. Slim, sleek. Pretty.

Nothing that's too oddly rectangular and ... laptop-shaped, either. ;)

Some modicum of squashy protectiveness?

Does that ring any bells with anyone? Send me links! I beg you!

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

First bag I thought of. Just about perfect... I know that one's black, but I swear, it comes in other colors. Manufacturer's site here. REI, Zappos, eBags likely have this one in different colors. G' luck. :)

3. apinchofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

mmk not sure how you knew, but I've been coveting that bag for a loooong time. the only reason I won't buy it is because the inner sleeve won't fit the 15" laptops (unless you have it and it does?? :eek:) and I don't want to have to put my lappy in a sleeve in the bag and have it float about. but excellent bag, anyway. my aunt has one and she uses it as a purse. :D

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Check Target, they have so many cute laptop bags to choose from. I bought 2, one which I'm using is from Mango Tango and I get so many compliments from it, plus it's sturdy and inexpensive.

5. apinchofhope thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW. there are a lot of yummy bags on here. like this and this and hahaha I love this. I think I want this one though. It's rather vibrant and kind of looks more like a fun gym bag, which is good, I suppose, as people probably would be less likely to steal sweaty clothes than a pretty macbook.

excellent! thanks so much!

thanks, there's lots of pink there. :D *happy dance*

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Well, I read what you said you wanted, and that was the first bag to pop into my mind. Comes in a variety of colors. Isn't bulky. Shoulder bag, fits under arm. Is <$100. Dependable brand. Has slight padding (as if you read the manufacturer's site, it is made for laptops).

And as per some reviewers, the 15" MBP does fit without a sleeve. Shrug. I don't have a 15"er I'm just going off of what reviewers have written.

7. chicziller macrumors newbie

8. epiphany macrumors regular

9. daemontrader macrumors newbie

I would recommend these as well. My wife always get compliments on the one I bought for her.

10. Macaddict288 macrumors newbie

11. kimskim macrumors newbie

kimskim

I know this thread is sort of dead, but I recently had to find a bag for my daughter to use commuting to school. It had to hold her 15" MacBook Pro and other school stuff, lunch, etc. I was all set on the medium-sized Timbuk2 Commute 2.0 ($110) until I read some reviews on REI that complained about the poor waterproofing on the laptop compartment. Also, we went to REI to see the bag for ourselves and I'm glad we did b/c I realized it's way bigger and heavier than I thought it would be for a skinny 5' 4" woman.

Looking around the store, we found the cutest bags by Sherpani designed especially for women. We purchased the Sherpani Verve Messenger Bag and love it. It has an internal sleeve that perfectly fits the 15" MBP with light padding on the back and bottom to protect it. The bag is super deep to hold all her "stuff" (the top rolls over when you close the flap but when it's open you have another 3-4 inches of depth). Two external side pockets for water bottles or whatever, padded strap, magnetic closure (no noisy velcro -- yay!) plus an elastic loop closure. Plus it's lightweight and environmentally friendly -- made from 67% recycled materials.

Just wanted to share. :)

~ Kim