Wanted: iPhone app for tracking expenses in a fixed timeframe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flint-Paper, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Flint-Paper macrumors newbie

I've been hunting around for a good expense tracker. It seems like most of the apps available would do more than what I want them to do. Most are designed, it seems, to track expenses in different categories over discrete intervals, assuming that there is a fixed budget for each time interval (i.e. that there is a daily, weekly, or monthly budget, for instance). I'm interested in something that can keep track of an ongoing project budget, regardless of the time/day. We have X amount for the project. Out of X we can spend a for flights, b for vehicle rental, c for food, d for shipping, etc. I just want to keep track of that, and have it already in an electronic format for when I go to do my expense report.

Does anybody have any suggestions, particularly bassed on their own experiences?

I should also note that I'm completely new to the iPhone experience, in that I won't have my own phone until the middle of next week. There might even be a simpler way to do this with the phone not requiring any kind of dedicated app. Normally, I would just write it all down in a notebook. Fairly simple. However, this project has a larger budget than I'm used to, it's categorized, and involves most of my time being out of the office and away from a computer.

2. Flint-Paper thread starter macrumors newbie

Searching around, it looks like iXpenseIt might be what I need. Not sure, though. Anybody have experience with this app?

EDIT: I too should add that I'm not affiliated with the product, site, or developer.

3. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

TUAW had this quick-look article about Expenditure, which seems to be a nicely designed expense tracker, and there's even a lite version to try out for free.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with product, site, or developer.

4. Flint-Paper thread starter macrumors newbie

This looks quite good, thanks.

5. steeez macrumors member

I was looking for what you were before. Bought Ace Budget, wasn't exactly what I needed. Bought Expenditure and still using it today. Nice, easy way to keep track of your spending.