Wanted: Scottrade, Wells Fargo apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jlwillia, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jlwillia macrumors regular

I know many people criticize the native Stocks app., but I find it useful. What I really want though is a Scottrade App. so I can sign on to my account, view my account value, positions, order status, etc.

Also, although I've heard many complaints about the Bank of America app, I like the idea of it. Being a loyal Wells Fargo customer, I would like to see a Wells Fargo app to view my account balances, transfer funds, etc.

Anyone know if either of these companies are in the process of developing an iPhone/iPod Touch app?

2. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

I've got zero knowledge about it, but I've GOT to believe they are working on something. I've got istockmanager, which is the tdameritrade app, and it's pretty freakin' sweet.

3. WPeterson macrumors member

WPeterson

heeee, rumors. such banking apps should be developed by the owner, Scottrade or Wells Fargo. Others can't acces its private and secure databse. Okay?

:eek:

4. gotzero macrumors 68040

I do not see Scottrade doing that, not really what they are about. There is a supported TDAmeritrade app out there now, maybe worth a look.

5. jlwillia thread starter macrumors regular

I'm confused by your post. Obviously the apps would be developed by the company themselves (or a 3rd party who was hired by the company to make it). I wasn't suggesting that Joe Blow off the street should (or could) make an app for Scottrade or Wells Fargo. Not only would there be privacy and security barriers to that, but think of the patent and trademark infringement implications.

I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything about whether or not these specific companies had any plans to develop an app.

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I'd love to see a Scottrade app so I could trade on the fly, but I doubt they'd take time to develop one unless their competitors did it and it became popular among traders. I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

7. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

Again, I have to believe this will come eventually. The tdameritrade app was done by a third party guy who worked with ameritrade, and again, it's pretty sweet. I don't understand why a company WOULDN'T do this. The information it gives me and the things it allows me to do are available through Safari anyway, it's just easier with a dedicated app. This falls under the umbrella of delivering more than you have to in order to keep customers happy and to attract new customers. I think those are things that are quite important to most businesses.

8. aluren macrumors 65816

istockmanager is the single most used app on my iphone. i'm surprised that other brokerages hasn't come out with their own software, especially etrade, since they already made a software for the blackberry.... i'd say just pay $2 more a trade and switch to ameritrade!

9. eyecool macrumors regular

10. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

There is already a Wells Fargo app on the app store. Look under the finance section, free apps. It is #3 on the list I believe.

11. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

He posted that in January :)

12. travelknox macrumors newbie

13. Cuba5969 macrumors newbie

Scottrade released its App

While looking through my RSS feed today I noticed a tweet that said Scottrade uploaded its app to the Droid and Blackberry market. On a hunch I just checked out the App store on my iPhone and there it was. I downloaded it and so far its pretty cool.

14. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok i know this is an old thread, so forgive me for bringing it back to life. Just wanted to see if anyone has been using the Scottrade app and if they like it. I am going to be opening a low cost broker account and right now i am torn between Etrade and Scottrade.