Wanted to clarify before unlocking iPhone 4...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoneWolf121188, Dec 18, 2010.

1. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

I'm currently on AT&T, jailbroken, and on 4.1 and 2.10.04. I'll be traveling abroad starting monday and it would be nice to be able to get prepaid SIMs where I'm going, cut them down to Micro-SIM size, and be able to use my iPhone 4. So, to do this, do I just have to downgrade using these instructions, then run Ultrasn0w? That's it? Cydia has all my SHSHs on file since 4.0.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can only downgrade if you have the shsh saved for the iOS. Even if you do downgrade you still won't be able to unlock your iPhone because the baseband stays the same.

2.10.04 can't be unlocked. The baseband can never be downgraded.

3. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

;)

I thought that was the whole point of TinyUmbrella? Follow this, plus TinyUmbrella?

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I would be super impressed if that did work. Comments on that article says it doesn't though.

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Have old SHSH files saved, through TU or Cydia, allows you to downgrade the firmware, but it does not also downgrade the baseband. That's why the Dev Team always warns that if you want to keep the baseband updating you must use a custom firmware file. Otherwise, if the baseband also gets update, there's a chance you will loose the ability to block forever since baseband can't be downgraded.

6. LoneWolf121188 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gotcha, thanks.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like the rest said above, you're SOL at the moment. No unlock.