Wanted to make babies to the iPhone 4... now it's annoying..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by renewed, Jun 28, 2010.

1. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Not going to lie.. I'm an Apple fan boy. Love their stuff. But the iPhone 4 is getting annoying and it sucks. Love the design, the features, the screen (omg the screen) but from losing reception to simply putting people on mute and speaker phone by touching it to my ear (guess the sensors suck) it's annoying me more and more...

Can this crap be fixed by firmware or does SJ need to recall everything and go back to plastic backs and same colored fronts?

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

I'd imagine the only thing more annoying then dropping calls, is people make topics upon topics about it...

3. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

software issue ! :D

4. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

My phone is flawless! Take yours back. We don't wanna hear about this crap anymore.

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yeah I have to say that my iPhone 4 is pretty much perfect. I love this thing and don't have any issues with AT&T; I suppose I just have excellent coverage in my city. I love the design and the Task Switcher at the bottom. It's so convent and I feel like it was implemented very well for my needs at least. I have yet to find myself being in a situation where I need "real" backgrounded apps as in having the entire app running.

In my eyes, Apple was correct when they said this was an A+ update. The experience on this phone is almost like the experience I had with the original iPhone when I first used it.

6. lathode macrumors member

Sounds like you need to return it ASAP.

7. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Huh?
    Guess it's a Texas thing...

8. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

this had me crying. lol
    R.Kelly the iPhone

9. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Nah. That's when you pee on it.

10. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

If you go to settings, phone and scroll down to the facetime selection you can turn it off and it gives you your hold button back. The reason for the lack of it with facetime on is they needed room for the face time button.

Really don't think it's that big of a deal but then again no matter what the phone does someone will find a reason to complain. I have owned iPhones for 2yrs anf not once have I used the hold button on a call.

11. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Just get a case to fix the issue, any bumper will do. In regards to hitting buttons while talking...your iP4 may be defective.

12. tuatha macrumors regular

Quite a few of them are. Dodgy proximity sensors, apparently. There's a big thread about it on the apple support forums.

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Report it to Apple. The more complaints they get the faster they will fix it. That is how they work. Posting here may be cathartic but ultimately its futile.

14. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Well the antenna thing may be something with all the iphones and hopefully Apple comes up with a fix for it (I don't have the issue on mine or rather I have to try to replicate it and i never get it to drop calls. But some people it is dropping calls). In the meantime, you can avoid the dropped calls by avoiding touching the left corner where one seam is or putting a case on it.

As for hte putting people on mute when you touch it to your ear, it sounds like yours is one of hte ones with a broken proximity sensor. I'd return it and get one that works.

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I believe they'll replace the phone for the proximity sensor issue. Antenna, wait on a software fix.

16. Despacio macrumors member

Sounds like a Steve Job response. You nailed it!

17. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

18. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

lol agreed. Loving my iPhone 4

19. Kendio7 macrumors member

Just what I was thinking!

20. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

LOL, I woke up this morning and now I'm like.. what? LMAO... drinking and forums don't click.

Regardless though the point is that I was wanting to defend the iPhone but unfortunately I have been having some issues with it which I haven't had with an Apple product before.

Sorry for yet another thread on this guys; I know it's getting annoying. Y'all can report it if you want and take it down. I'm sober now and won't get offended :D