Wanted to move menu bar to the secondary display

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vihask, Aug 5, 2010.

1. vihask macrumors newbie

Hi am using Mac G5 (Mac OS X 10.4) and i have connected dual monitors to it. Now when i open few applications like Adobe Indesign cs3, Illustrator cs3 the application opens in primary display and when i drag the image or picture to the secondary display the menu bars on the top remains in the primary display.

So how can i move/detatch the menu panel? and move it to the secondary display.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Although you can't have independent menubars, i.e. one on the built-in and one also on the secondary, you can designate the external display as the primary by going to System Preferences->Displays->Arrangement, and then if the display is set to extend, its possible to drag the white bar in the Arrangement window from one box to the other.

3. vihask thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

I'm not sure if its present in 10.4 but in the system preferences under the Display menu in Arrangement you should be able to drag what is the menu bar on the screen representations to the secondary display also making it the primary display.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I'm 90% dragging the menubar in the displays section of system preferences works in Tiger.

6. vihask thread starter macrumors newbie

actually am in need of dual menu bars or context menu sort of thing...

this would move the menu to the secondary display but what abt on the primary?

i need the menu bar on both the monitors!

ya i can do that but abt if i need it on the primary display for the other application infact am in need of dual menu bars for dual monitors.

is dat possible?

hey can u suggest any such similar application like the one what u hav mentioned (secondbar) cuz it does not work for 10.4

Plzzzzzzzzzzz