Wanted to share my experience at apple store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Big D 51, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

So I visited the apple store for the first time two weeks ago because I'm now working in an area that has one. My friend from home needed his MBA looked. I took his laptop in, and while the lady genius was looking at it I took out my phone to text him to let him know I was getting it fixed. The lady looked at my phone and notice I had a crack down it. I never use a case because I feel Like it takes away from the phone. I usually just buy a new phone if I drop it or something. You could barely see it so I was living with it until new one came out. The point of the story was when she notice the crack, the next statement was "do you want a new?". I didn't even ask. She just offered. I quickly said "how much would it cost?" she said "free" so I ended up with a brand new iPhone 4 without even asking. My home button had been not responding some so this was perfect. I wasn't even going to ask for one because I figured since I had drop it, they would have blamed the non responsive button on that drop.

Anyways, I had to share this because never in my life had I experience such great service.

Kudos for apple.

2. rfrankl macrumors 6502

Great to hear. Most people only come on here to gripe.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Hey, I paid for that!!!! :mad:

[​IMG]

4. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Lol

5. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

It's my stupidity for not using case so no need to try to talk myself into a new phone. That was the cool part. I wouldn't have been surprise if I would have went into the store fussing and making an excuse about the crack. They just offered. How cool. Now another reason to stay with apple :).

6. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

I doubt this will happen if you were ugly or a female.

7. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I recently had an apple store genius offer to completely restore the outside casing of my MacBook because I had AppleCare. AppleCare does not cover this sort of damage, and I didn't even bring it in for a problem as a result of the dings and scrapes that it had on it, but I basically got a brand new (at least cosmetically) mac for free. That same amount of body repair would have cost me around 700$ if I would have paid for the price on the bill.

Also, back when the iPod mini was around, I got one and had a minor issues with the audio going in and out. I went to the apple store and had them check it out and I was out within 5 minutes with a brand new iPod.

I love apple's customer service :)

8. DollFaceDork macrumors 6502

DollFaceDork

Unless the female in question happens to like females...