wanted to use samsung note as a hotspot for New iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spoon72, Oct 1, 2012.

1. spoon72 macrumors regular

spoon72

anyone know how to setup? i ahve tried with or without password set on the note ..the ipad or iphone stil wouldnt link. if i go into more detail it seem like i need to key in some IP address on the ipad or iPhone...:(

2. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

You need to be able to create a wifi hotspot from the Samsung device

3. barryl85 macrumors regular

On your Note:

Settings>More Settings>Tethering and portable hotspot>turn on portable wifi hotspot.

Im in UK on Vodafone and tethering is free from my mobile device, just make sure yours is the same or you could be charged.

4. spoon72 thread starter macrumors regular

spoon72

I have turn it on even tried without password yet ipad or iPhone only keep on trying to link

5. barryl85 macrumors regular

Your phone may not be discoverable, instead of using the slider on the portable hotspot option, press the wording and its another menu and then you can allow all devices to connect !

6. spoon72 thread starter macrumors regular

spoon72

Actually it already "saw" my note but yet it just could connect.. not sure what I havnt done

7. SBA macrumors member

If you're in the US on one of the carriers here, you need to make sure tethering is provisioned on your account. If it's not, you're gonna have a difficult time getting any data connection.

If you're not in the US, I'm not sure what the problem is. If your iPad can connect to your phone's signal, there shouldn't be an issue.

8. spoon72 thread starter macrumors regular

spoon72

I'm from Singapore , i thing it could be the carrier thing but I'm not so sure. actually I got the iphone 5 thinking of buying only the wifi ver of New iPad to tap the signal when I'm out from my home ..

9. spoon72 thread starter macrumors regular

spoon72

I solved the issue by installing this app called FoxFi from playstore on my samsung note now the iphone 4 can connect to my note. will try it out on the ipad as well.

10. kgingeri macrumors newbie

iPad mini not tethering with samsung note

Worked for me too! Thanks :)

Seems Samsung's hotspot util must have issues with :apple:... hmmmm... wonder why?! :rolleyes:

(Tethering Samsung Note I with iPad Mini - nice LTE speeds too :D )

11. felch macrumors member

I'm running a custom ron on my note and have no issues tethering.