Wanting Advice for purchasing a MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by thebshields, Feb 6, 2012.

  1. thebshields macrumors newbie

    Feb 6, 2012
    I am giving in to the Apple Market place. Just bought an iPhone a month ago and I am in love with all of the specs, especially battery life (made the transition from Droid). I have always mocked apple and did a poll for which to choose with around 500 people, nearly 60-70% made the transition and that influenced me to make the switch. I did, and Love it!

    Where am I headed with this? Well, I am a Dell Studio 15 owner (3 1/2 years) and it is a Piece! I only use it for school papers, music (currently at 30,000 songs: moving them to an external hard drive this week - First week in Feb) and of course browsing.

    I am ready to make a Macbook Pro purchase by May, I can do it now but, people are telling me to wait. I am a musician and currently awaiting my application for a 5 month - 100 city tour. Being on tour would mean I need to update my current computer to something better, of course the Mac. Since I will be mobile majority of the time this summer regardless of tour, but with travels I am for sure going with a lap top. Mackbook Pro seems to be my best option. I don't want a 15-17 because I have realized my 15 is too big for me so the 13 is the better option.

    With the 13 they have the two options and 2.8 being the better I decided to go with that. Next big decision is hard drive, which should I choose? the ATA or the SSD, I am willing to bump up to the 256 SSD, since my Dell is 256 now and buying either 2-3TB external hard drive.

    I am going to buy some music software more than likely going to Reason and run it off my hard drive. So the primary objective with the lap top is working with music during the summer.

    With all that in mind, any advice I will take!!! I am new, sorry if this was posted in the wrong section! Thanks for any feedback I will get! Any advice is positive in my book.

    PS. I would need (or want) something by May so if a suggestion to wait until Fall were to come out, I probably would not do that!
  2. Spink10 Suspended


    Nov 3, 2011
    You posted this in the Mac Pro forum - you want MacBook Pro forum. FYI

Share This Page