Wanting To Buy iPhone BUT.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by krUnIzZlE, Sep 25, 2010.

1. krUnIzZlE macrumors regular

So im getting a iphone 32GB, but i live in india, my dad is currently in the USA and he said he'l get the 32GB for me, but what i wanted to know was the people buying the iphones NOW. (within 1 or 2 weeks) are you guys still having the signal problem, or the camera green/pink balance problem???? Because i dont think i will be able to return the phone because im across the pond..... And, im a bit scared to buy the iphone. Can anyone update me please???? thnx.....

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Bought a new one 2 days ago.....no issues.

3. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

even when u do death grip, no problems?????????????/

4. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Considering they're locked in USA, and new phones now might come with 4.1 which is not unlockable by any means currently, and may remain so even after the 4.1 jailbreak comes out, I really would advise against this. Just try and source one from somewhere you can get a properly unlocked phone from.

and even if you do get a 4.0.1 phone, you will not be able to restore if something goes wrong, due to SHSH's no longer being signed.

5. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

WTF????? they wont be any more unlocks avaliable anymore for 4.1 in the future??? Source plz?

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

The jailbreak unlocks require an exploit in the phone baseband, for a new unlock, a new exploit has to be found, as the current one being used in 4.0.1 has been fixed by apple. There are no announced new ones, so until such a time, any new phones with 4.1 or newer are not hack-unlockable, only officially. and AT&T do not officially unlock any phones at all.

just see the warnings about 4.1 at http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ if you don't believe me.

and when they say wait for pwnage tool, that only applies to current phones already jailbroken on an earlier firmware, which can be pwnage updated to 4.1 in future without updating the baseband. A phone starting on 4.1 already can not be reverted to earlier baseband for unlock.

7. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I got my iPhone 4 2 months ago, and there are no issues at all with it. The yellow tint in the picture problem has been resolved with iOS 4.1 on mine.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have never had the death grip problem either. The signal drops from 5 bars, down to 3 when I hold it without the case on, but I have never dropped a call because of it.

9. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Have your dad pick up an un-locked one in Canada, if he is close to the area. It's worth it if you're wanting to send it overseas.

10. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but i had read on ModMyI that the dev team had found a permanent exploit from the A4 chip or something for the iphone 4. But the dev team WONT use it on 4.1. They said they'l use the exploit on 4.2 and so on.

Link: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/728304-shatter-will-jailbreak-ipod-touch-4g-iphone-4-ipad.html

Update: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/729557-chronic-dev-team-issues-progress-update-sort.html

Check it out and see for yourself bro.................

Bro, its impossible 4 me... I have no choice... lol

11. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Thanks only for jailbreak, not unlock. they're separate things. unlock can not be done without a jailbreak first, but having a jailbreak does not mean an unlock can be done.

12. krUnIzZlE thread starter macrumors regular

Im pretty sure that when a jailbreak is released a unlock will be released also because thats how it usually works.... If a iphone can be jailbreaked then it wont be hard for a iphone to be unlocked by someone.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

No one knows but the person releasing the unlock. Jailbreak you need an exploit with the software, then I'm pretty sure you need an exploit with the baseband. Its always been a two stage process.