Wanting to exchange 13" mbp for 15" mbp.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBP13Guy25, Jun 13, 2010.

1. MBP13Guy25 macrumors newbie

I just got this 13" macbook pro 2.4 ghz 4gb on june 9th w/ student discount at my local apple store. It's already opened and I am using it right now.

For return/exchange, is there a stocking fee?

I've been reading loads of 15" mbp users out there and for that if I feel the need to return it to get an exchange for the 15" macbook pro, just the standard one,

The standard one 15" mbp, How much difference is (Money wise) between the standard 13" mbp? How much do I need to pay left if I do an exchange?

2. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

You'll have to pay about $500 to $600, if you're nice maybe they won't charge the restocking fee..

3. MBP13Guy25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright nevermind.

I'm having a bit of connection issue.

Friday, I called Linksys for my WRT54g v6, the lady fixed my problem about connection dropping yet today I had to run back upstairs to unplug/plug the wireless router power plug out for 10 seconds plug it back in in order to get connection. It stated that connection timed out 3 times today. Then, I called Linksys again, the lady was kind enough to do a remote access onto my parents iMac to check if it is alright. My channel was 11 she changed to 6. Hopefully it's okay.

She sent out a new wireless router WRT120N refurbished one, arriving tomorrow. Do you think it will work out, as in no more connection dropping or timed out? Do you know anyone that has the WRT120n? What wireless router do you personally use?

I've been having so much issues with this. I bought the airport extreme base station, same thing happened and then I returned at least 3 times due to the connection dropping. Bought the 2wire modem/router same thing, worse even. So I moved back to my WRT54g v6, today it happened but I was forunate enough to be able to still access the net.

That's why I reconsider changing into a 15" mbp maybe they don't have much connection problems as the 13" but that's just probably thinking or overanalzying too much lol.

Hope you respond soon!

4. Saladsamurai macrumors regular

No. Seriously. A quick Google of "Apple restocking fee" returns this link in which it clearly states that there is a 10% restocking fee. I am no mathematician, but I am pretty sure that {Price of 13" MBP)*0.10 << $500. :D

5. sidesh0w macrumors newbie

presumably it was a reference to the price difference.

6. Saladsamurai macrumors regular

Ah yes. I did not read the last sentence of the OP. My fault for assuming that the OP could do basic subtraction. :D:D ... Now where's that abacus.

7. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

If you must get a new one, get the 2.66 13 inch. The new processors aren't THAT much better and the 13 inch gets about an hour longer of battery life and it's easier to carry around.

I don't think the connection has anything to do with any computer... wifi can be fickle b*tch. As far as connection on a 15 in vs 13 in, they both have the same airport technology... like EXACTLY the same. If a 15 in owner is telling you otherwise, they are just blowing off steam cause they are jealous our smaller computers look so much better ;). (No offense to 15 and 17 inch users) If you want a mac with possibly better connection, get a white macbook. The material is slightly better for reception than the aluminum. But the difference is minimal.

8. MBP13Guy25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone can help or answer this for me?

9. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

What is you service provider? I remember I had Linksys router once.... wifi is SOO annoying. Maybe there is a better thread specifically for connections for you to look at for wifi woes cause you won't find many pro's on that here.

10. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

Yea I had that type of router way back in the day before my family got an imac (when they were still white) and it was HORRIBLE. It definitely isn't your mac; my 13 in mbp is the only laptop (the rest are pc's) that always connects.

11. Reapur macrumors regular

If you are RETURNING the computer, you will get charged a restocking fee, if you are EXCHANGING the computer because you dont like it for an upgrade you will not be subject to restocking fee. For the price difference why dont you open your web browser and goto apples online store and look for your self instead of wasting peoples time with silly questions that are easily determined on your own.

12. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

If you don't want to answer his question and waste your time, then why did you?

13. MBP13Guy25 thread starter macrumors newbie

AT&T lol. :) thanks for helping me out here.

14. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

HHHMMM I also have att but I don't have nearly as many problems. Is it a newer or older model?

15. MBP13Guy25 thread starter macrumors newbie

it's an old model router called WRT54g v6, linksys sending me a refurbished wrt120n, supposedly they ship overnight so I'll be getting it tomorrow. So, I'm not sure if it will work. The lady said it should be perfect fit. I wonder if anyone else on this forum may have wrt120n linksys router. Do you?

16. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

No, I have a gateway 2Wire 3800hgv-b. I have noticed older wifi routers tend to be very problematic, so maybe this newer one you are getting will work better.

17. MBP13Guy25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for helping me out. :) goodnight sir/madam haa.