iPhone Wanting to update jailbroken iphone 4 5.01 to ios7

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Cookiemonster, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Cookiemonster, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

Cookiemonster macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Hello everyone,

I've been stuck in the stone age running my iphone4 on jailbreak 5.01 and want to upgrade to ios7. whatever the latest version is! I am not as tech savvy as most here, so is there a step by step process on how to do this or a website which has step by step advice on how to upgrade without losing or bricking their phone?
    Oh I dont care that Im losing my jailbreak, I cant run most of my apps anymore and its getting old :/

I'd appreciate any and all help :)
    Thanks!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Connect to itunes and hit update or restore, you'll get the latest 7.04 iOS version.

Before you do that run iFaith to safe your 5.01 SHSH's so you can always go back to 5.01

3. Cookiemonster thread starter macrumors regular

Cookiemonster

Hi thanks for the advice!! I noticed iFaith is for windows only is there a mac version of this or another program you can recommend to save the content on my phone? Im mostly concerned about keeping my pictures, messages, apps thats about it really. Thanks :)

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

nope windows only, use a VM

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

iFaith is windows only. It's recommended to dump your 5.0.1 blobs using iFaith just in case you find that you don't like iOS 7. The blob will give you the opportunity to downgrade if you so wish

To save pictures, messages, just make a backup using iTunes.