Wanting too much????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smilinmonki666, Mar 15, 2009.

1. smilinmonki666 macrumors regular

Ok, reading & talking to people over the period of me having the iPhone, all I get, is moaning that the iPhone doesn't do this, the iPhone doesn't do that, this would be easy to implement on the iPhone...

Are there that many people that are not that happy with the iPhone, even though they brought it knowingly the feature's were missing & still use it today...

The main things I know people are moaning to me about are:

No Video Capture
    No Copy & Paste
    No MMS
    No SMS Forwarding

Really, are people really that bothered. I can understand the latter 2, but this was regarded more as a business phone if I remember correctly?

My wondering thoughts are, what would you like to see in the future versions, & are you happy with the iPhone so far?

2. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I think the main complaining is coming from people who are upset that the iPhone fails to do basic things that $3 el-cheepo phones can do. I am one of those people.

Hopefully 3.0 and the new hardware will fix some of this.

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

We crave obsolescence. It means there's new kit to get ;)

4. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Yes and copy and paste is absolutely useless to anybody even remotely involved in any sort of business. Good point!

:confused:

5. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

The fact is the iPhone isn't a business phone and is a multimedia phone. I do not like the fact that people come up to me with their 4 year old phones and demonstrate to me that their phone can do a lot more than my iPhone.

The things people here demanded, I feel is reasonable. We pay a lot of money for service and for the phone when we get little back except for a multi-touch interface and nothing more. It makes me want to dump the phone and get an iPod Touch with a Blackberry instead.

6. sd2009 macrumors 6502

The Palm Pre looks great.

7. BobLutz macrumors newbie

More, more, more...

The iPhone is amazing. It's biggest hurdle is the complexity of the interface. You just cannot pack that much into an app without making it unusable. I use a 23 inch widescreen flat panel at home and work, my laptop has 17 inches. I have a mouse on the workstation that gives me pinpoint accuracy.
    The iPhone/iPod interface is limited to a few inches and I have big pudgy fingers. Navigating around is tough so most of the interface needs to be on that tiny footprint.

iPhone apps need to be intuitive; they need to do more under the hood; they need to demand less from the user. It's tough to write an app with little to no help screen, no instructions, big buttons that fit on just a few pages. Hats off to those that did. One of my favorites is Omni Focus. They did a great job putting together a fairly complex interface and keeping the application useful!

8. jbode macrumors member

my opinion about iphone

Every phone has problems, we can't expect the iphone to work perfectly.

Yes, there are minor things that should be improved, but overall it is the best available.

I can't complain because it has way more features than most phones.:)

9. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

To answer the question, I am very, VERY happy with my iPhone, and have been for close to 2 years now. The features listed by the original poster are features that I would like to have, but can certainly continue to live without. I think the people that bought an iPhone knowing it didn't have those features, and continue to complain about it, are crybabies. They are correct that the iPhone SHOULD have those features, but it doesn't, so they should get over it or get another phone and shut up.

10. aok1975 macrumors 6502

all the missing pictures can be added via software update, so a lot of people are hoping. just because they co plain does t mean they don't like it. no phone is perfect and the other phones that can't do some of the things that the iphone does, can't do it period. the iPhone on the other hand can do what's it's
    missing. people have the right to gripe a out 5yr old technology missing on the iPhone.

11. aok1975 macrumors 6502

why does what other people do bother you?

12. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

Why does what other people do bother me? Because I'm an imperfect human being and it's human nature to be bothered by certain things. Of course, not everything that other people do bothers me, only some things. I'm quite the live and let live kind of guy, so don't be giving me any grief because I'm tired of people whining about copy and paste. Since you took the time to ask me that question, I can only assume that you are never bothered by things that other people do, tell us what that's like...

13. pavvento macrumors 6502

+1 Maybe it's my impulsiveness but the more I see screenshots and videos of it, the more I want it. This reminds me of June 2007...