War Games?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by CanadianMe, Jun 11, 2007.

1. CanadianMe macrumors newbie

I am a new mac user, just bought a macbook pro 17" and I would like to know if there are any games such as Call of Duty, Ghost Recon etc. available for Mac? Not a huge issue for me but do enjoy having at least one game on my computer for those down times when I need to kill some time. I can always lug two laptops around lol, but seems very impractical and in a few weeks plan on just using my mac but so any suggestions?

2. jakk2809 macrumors member

I think Call of Duty 2 is out for the mac.

Another option is to use the dual OS method. It's a fact that more games are made for the Windows platform. With BootCamp (free), you can install a bona fide version of Windows (Vista or XP) on your intel mac. With Bootcamp you cannot run both OS X and Windows at the same time, you have to shutdown and reboot. (This might change in the near furture, like October, because the version of BootCamp in Leopard will have the ability to put one OS asleep and run the other).

Another way is to use Parallels Desktop and VMware. With this you can run windows and mac os x side by side (I don't know about the 3D performance in these virtual machines)

I would suggest go with BootCamp.

EA is releasing a few of its most popular titles on the Mac so you could wait for them to release it (Battlefield 2142, NFS: Carbon, Harry Potter, and C&C3)

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Go to the online Apple Store, scroll to Mac Accessories, select Software.

From the drop-down, choose what sort of games your into.

Action Games

4. CanadianMe thread starter macrumors newbie

Duh, lol, yes should have checked the website store, they have Battlefield 1942 just from a quick look, thanks and maybe next time I will at least google before posting .... and I want away from windows as far as possible. I was dual booting my other notebook with Linux and since Vista has come out and I have a perfectly valid copy still sitting in its package and not even my sons want it so here it will sit until they come out with service pack 2 just before its obsolescence lol .... even my wife has moved to Mac, pretty soon hope to have a MS free home lol .......