Warcraft 3 doesn't open, advice please.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by chi0403, Aug 4, 2008.

1. chi0403 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, but i've been reading it for a while, in fact regarding the title of my thread has kept me here for a while and i can't find a thread that offers advice similar to the problem i have.

So after installing RoC and TFT, i get the message "application quite unexpectedly"

when i first looked at my console it said something like: "app exited abnormally;" segmentation fault.

after reinstalling, deleting prefs and changing the movie file, i tried the latest patch. while the patch updated fine then when trying to open TFT i didn't even get the message, all i got was "Sorry, warcraft 3 could not be opened."

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some advice about what to do, because i've tried so many things already.

thanks,

chi.

2. chi0403 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey calipso,

thanks for replying, no it isn't case sensitive. I think its mainly about the

segmentation fault, does anyone know what that is?

chi

3. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

I had this problem at one point, and it was due to me having installed DivX, and it somehow wasn't compatible with WC3 movies. I sent mail to macsupport@blizzard.com and they told me to uninstall DivX and it worked.