Warcraft 3 / Frozen Throne Serial Help

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by chazbarx, Apr 24, 2008.

1. chazbarx macrumors newbie

Hi there...

I have both of these, bought years ago, but dont have the disks or serials any more. i want to reinstall my computer but will lose the game, which sucks! Is there a way to back this up? A way to get my serial back outta the game at least?

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

If you're using Windows, there are several key recovery tools available. I used one successfully, but I don't remember which one it was.

For Mac, it seems you're pretty much out of luck. I lost one of my keys this way. (Yes, had two copies.)

3. chazbarx thread starter macrumors newbie

Man, sucks... I put leopard on my g5 powermac (knowing better) and it tottally screwed performance... sigh. Now I'm gonna be outta my fav game.

4. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Uh I think you could use migration assistant to transfer it to another computer, then migrate it back to the original mac?

5. JoshLV macrumors regular

A very good game. I'm looking in to getting it again when I get Parallels. However I don't think you can back it up.

6. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

:confused: What does Parallels have to do with running Warcraft III? It's Mac native and it wouldn't that great in Parallels.

--Eric

7. Help! macrumors regular

Try copying the prefrences and all of the warcraft III related files you can find. I remember doing this a along time ago with success, but i dont remember which files ended up being important.

8. chazbarx thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Not to worry: Warcraft 3 is 100% leechable. You can just copy your entire Warcraft 3 folder onto another Mac or external hard drive, and copy it back over again when you've reinstalled. I did this when I did a clean install of Tiger on my iBook, and everything still works fine.

10. hybryd131 macrumors newbie

I did what Xeem wrote above. When I upgraded from my Powerbook to my MacBook Pro I just copied the install files over. When I stopped playing for a while I even stored the fines on my external to save space.

11. chazbarx thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. Thanks a lot guys. I shoulda known my old clunker couldnt handle Leopard :)