Warcraft 3 problems on brand new MBP

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by NTGuy, Oct 11, 2007.

1. NTGuy macrumors newbie

I recently received my first apple computer but i am having problems with warcraft 3. When i start the game it run perfectly as to be expected but within about 45 minutes it get all choppy, about 2 frames per second or so. When i restart the computer and try to pick up where i left off in the game it continues to be choppy. All i have done is installed it and the frozen throne and installed all the updates off battle net. Not sure what i am doing wrong or if there are any setting i have to tweak. Thanks for your help. By the way it is a MBP 2.2 brand new this year.

2. haiggy macrumors 65816

I dunno whats wrong, try reinstalling it maybe? Mine is fine. Sorry.

3. NTGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i tried that allready, thanks though. Anyone else??

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Use bootcamp to install XP. Install the game and see if the issue still occurs.

5. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Personally, I think this is very excessive to just test an issue with Warcraft. I think the issue may just come down to that particular level/map. Skip the level if you're playing campaign with cheat codes, and see if the rest of the levels give you the same behavior.

6. NTGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

All right, thanks for all the advice! I will see if i figure things out.

7. Kwub macrumors newbie

Connect to Battle.net to download the host of updates/patches that have been released over the years, including several crucial patches for Mac-specific issues.
    If your problem persists after doing so, there may be something wrong with your system itself, not necessarily the game.