Warcraft 3 problems

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by musicman14, Jun 28, 2009.

1. musicman14 macrumors newbie

musicman14

So I recently got my MBP and I tried to install Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne. I had it already on my PC notebook and I enjoyed using battle.net Now when I installed it I clicked on battle.net and it installed the update so I could play. Then when it was time for it to restart it shut down and then did the blizzard updater. Then when it went to restart again it said it couldn't start up. Afterwards I tried to start it up manually, however it said it still couldn't open. I reinstalled it a few times but it still wouldn't work. What is wrong with it? Is there a certain way I should install it or do something to fix it??:confused:

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Just a wild guess, but your settings may be corrupted. Try this:

1. In Finder, open your home directry and navigate to Library, Preferences.
    2. Scroll down and find the files starting with com.blizzard. There should be a few, one for Warcraft and one for Battle.net etc.
    3. Move these files to somewhere else, like your desktop. It doesn't matter where you place them.
    4. Run Warcraft III again. if it works, yay. Then you can trash the preferences you just moved. If it doesn't, don't forget to put the preferences back.
    Hope that helps.

3. imassents macrumors 6502

The update doesn't work correctly when patching from the earlier versions. To avoid reinstalling again, head to this thread and grab the file I've attached previously "The Frozen Throne.zip"
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=686349

Extract the zip and replace your existing Frozen Throne app with this newer one (this is installed with the 1.21a patch - it's skipped in the 1.23a version for some reason). There's extra info in that thread too if you are interested.

4. musicman14 thread starter macrumors newbie

musicman14

how am i supposed to get rid of the frozen throne app and extract the zip file

5. musicman14 thread starter macrumors newbie

musicman14

how am i supposed to get rid of the frozen throne app and extract the zip file?

im still having problems. Maybe give some steps on how to?

6. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

Did you try moving your preferences?

7. musicman14 thread starter macrumors newbie

musicman14

8. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

How did you fix it? It's a good idea to post the solution so other people can benefit, too, if they experience the same problem.

9. samjav macrumors newbie

omg, omg! plz tell me how you did it! I rly want to play. I've installed and reinstalled it like literally 10 times.

but I found all the warcraft related documents in the preferences and deleted them? I know now that I shouldn't have done that, plz what should I do?

10. samjav macrumors newbie

yeah thank you so much man, I found your other threads and am trying them out now with confidence. I'll keep yous posted!