Warcraft 3 TFT 1.21b+ not starting

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by xinevil, Jan 1, 2009.

1. xinevil macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2008
    When I update my Warcraft 3 TFT to 1.21b or 1.22 it doesn't start TFT anymore, but instead start RoC.
    [Old text]
    If I update to 1.21a or lower it does work (but then the cd is required, which isn't anymore starting from 1.21b).
    [/Old text]
    Does anyone have this same problem or know how to solve this?

It doesn't work with 1.21a either. It asks for the TFT CD and as soon as I have inserted it, it still starts RoC (at least the main menu is telling me RoC so I assume it is RoC). I'm gonna try older updates, but these are all PowerPC and I don't like that.
  2. mynameisadam macrumors member

Jan 1, 2009
    try this. www.blizzard.com/account

register and make an account, enter you cd keys online and virtually youl own them, than click the Mac download and hopefully it'l fix your problem :S

3. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2005
    Yup, thats the best way. Plus you don't need a CD anymore.
  4. imassents macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2008
    A reinstall in general may help. May like to try that first before spending half a day to redownload it all.

I can imitate this behaviour by removing the file war3x.mpq, which leads me to believe yours is either missing or corrupted/damaged in some way (or unreadable due to permissions). Delete your install and start over.
  5. hhlee macrumors 6502

May 19, 2005
    this doesn't pertain to your problem right now but fyi:
    i usually rip the disks that want to be inserted into a dmg, that way i never have to worry about having it on hand.