Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xinevil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
When I update my Warcraft 3 TFT to 1.21b or 1.22 it doesn't start TFT anymore, but instead start RoC.
[Old text]
If I update to 1.21a or lower it does work (but then the cd is required, which isn't anymore starting from 1.21b).
[/Old text]
Does anyone have this same problem or know how to solve this?

Edit:
It doesn't work with 1.21a either. It asks for the TFT CD and as soon as I have inserted it, it still starts RoC (at least the main menu is telling me RoC so I assume it is RoC). I'm gonna try older updates, but these are all PowerPC and I don't like that.

imassents

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
A reinstall in general may help. May like to try that first before spending half a day to redownload it all.

I can imitate this behaviour by removing the file war3x.mpq, which leads me to believe yours is either missing or corrupted/damaged in some way (or unreadable due to permissions). Delete your install and start over.

hhlee

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
this doesn't pertain to your problem right now but fyi:
i usually rip the disks that want to be inserted into a dmg, that way i never have to worry about having it on hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.