Warcraft 3 TFT battle.net stops working & freezes when try to close it.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by CSilver, Aug 2, 2009.

1. CSilver macrumors 6502

Title says it all... I think I patched it up to 1.23 manually.

After a couple of games on custom games, I can not join any games and getting the message of "another application is running, your port is blah blah"

Oh and I am really frustrated why the game wouldn't just shut down normally.

Before I tried the manual patches, I couldn't even get the dang game open so I reinstalled it like 4 times until I got it working... Please help me out!!!

I need some answers!

-Chris-

2. dacaliao macrumors newbie

this is the bane of gaming on OS X! I have been dealing with this issue for years and there has never been nor will ever be a true fix. I play dota regularly and essentially after a game or two, it won't allow you to join another unless you force quit then restart. Force quit is your friend with WC3 so use it frequently. Also when shutting down the game, you should force quit. I wish I had a better answer but this has been the status of WC3 since day 1 on mac.

I have also played WC3 on bootcamp with xp and it works flawlessly as you would expect, so that's another option, but I just hate rebooting into XP. :)