Warcraft 3 / tft connection problems!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Kcah, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Kcah macrumors newbie

Hello everybody!

My problem is as follows:

1)​

Every time I am on a lan with someone, trying to play a game, I get disconnected. It happens if we are more than 8 players in the game, and there is no exceptions!

I have tried it at many different places, wireless and with cable connection, still mess' up :(

Due to the fact that I disconnect every time I try to enter a lan game, I can't join listchecker games if the host actually sits on lan with me.

2)​

Very often when I play DotA, I disconnect in the very first second of the game, and if I am lucky enough to survive that, I have to stay in the game with the fear of dropping out at any time.

This happens mostly with listchecker and DotA client hosts.

I have seen all of these problems before! A mate of mine had his Mac along on a lan, and he told me that he had the same problems.

Anyone who knows something? :confused::confused:

(my computer is a Black MacBook bought in the late summer holiday -07. and was the strongest version at that time, so I don't think this is a problem ^^)

2. alexman222t macrumors newbie

Hey! I am having the same exact problem. I know my reply is late but if you have figured out the problem I would love some help. I am pretty lost as to what to do, I have tried all the standard stuff, reinstalling, making sure I'm current on everything, wifi vs cable, nothing seems to help. I'll be connected on the same internet as my friends and they are completely fine but I drop. Any hints?

3. imassents macrumors 6502

Are you playing DotA with the AI? If so, it just won't work. The author of the map doesn't even know why it happens, hence are unable to fix it. It will be a trigger issue of some sort.

4. amiradou macrumors newbie

I've had that issue with my last mac. No idea where it came from. I just ended up using boot camp and playing dota in Windows.

Also, if you wish to become better at dota, (it's really sad to say) but you have to play in windows. All the helper apps not maphacker!!! but keymapping, banlist, listchecker, dota themes and so forth only work on Windows.