Warcraft 3 TFT problems updating BNUpdate

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Boostin, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Boostin macrumors member

Hey guys, so i just got a brand new copy of Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne and i install them fine, however when i get try and get on Battle.net it trys to install a patch and says " A Battle.net update program, BNUpdate, could not be launched automatically (-10810). Please Launch it manually when the game quits."
    So i do that, mean i quit the game, open up that BNupdate and try and open it and it automatically opens my "HP Photomsmart Studio" app for my printer. WTF is going on. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

2. JerinL macrumors newbie

Ran into this same issue a few days ago, spent about 10 minutes trying to get the built in updater to work and gave up on it. Just go to blizzards site and you will be able to download the full 1.22 patch (or whatever version it is) and install it. Sorry, I would give you a direct link but am unable to do so at the moment.

3. Spunky424 macrumors newbie

can you both login into battlenet without a problem? i have freezing problems everytime i try to login to battlenet from TFT.

4. theunrealme macrumors newbie

simaler but not the same

i have a similar problem but not the same one. i bought my wc3 both ROC and FT, like 2 years ago, but have not played for a while because i did not have a computer till recently. now i did the install, every thing runs great. go to get onto BN, and it dose its little up date thing fine. so then it goes to restart and it gives me a massage saying something to the effect of, sorry was not able to start. restarted the computer, and every thing. same problem. any ideas?

5. Darth Cow macrumors newbie

I'm having similar trouble. I can't even get the standalone updates to run so the upgrade to 1.22 method isn't working. On my computer at least, when running a standalone upgrade (either 1.22b or 1.23a) I see an icon appear in the dock and disappear about 10 seconds later with no apparent changes or error messages.

EDIT: I figured out how to get the updates to run: move them to the warcraft 3 folder in applications first. Now I've finally managed to connect to Battle.net.

6. imassents macrumors 6502

Patch 1.22 and 1.23 work best if installed over 1.21. The reason for this is that 1.22 and 1.23 do not update the file "The Frozen Throne" so it no longer works with the newer files. To get everything up to scratch, do this
    - Uninstall/Reinstall Warcraft
    - Grab the 1.21a patch from here and install it
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/mac/War3TFT_121a_English.bin
    - Grab the 1.23a patch from here and install it
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/mac/War3TFT_123a_English.zip

This way everything will work.

For more information about it check here
    http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=14318936490