Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugbees

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I had this problem on an older computer years ago, and I think it's because I'm behind a firewall or something of the sort.

I'm able to "create" games, but no one can join them, and they keep getting a "game cannot be joined" error.

I knew how to solve this issue on a PC years ago, but I'm on a mac and don't have access to the programs I used before. I believe the PC program was called ZoneAlarm but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, how can I disable my firewall or whatever it is that is keeping me from letting people in my games

Hugbees

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
I know lowering your firewall makes you vulnerable, how is forwarding your ports safe?

aluminumapple

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2009
read the instructions its very clear

port forwarding is basically allowing a connection so that it allows you to connect with other people to your line.

it will say which router you have im pretty sure it will list yours unless you some how created yours.

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Chances are you router has a setting for games and you can just select to allow warcraft 3. The last few routers I've had, had such a setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.