Warcraft Armory app now in app store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ChiliBlue, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

The app is free. However, you can't check auctions. :( Other than that a very nice app for a Warcraft player who obsessively checks for upgrades on their gear, etc.

http://www.wowarmory.com/iphone.xml

2. UrFatMom macrumors regular

Nice app, would use if I still played the game :)

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

if it had in game chat and checking of mail, that would rock

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Same here. All I would use this for is spy on my ex-guildies to see how far they've gotten and sigh because that's where I should be too.

5. Animalk macrumors 6502

I've only spent a couple of minutes with the app but I am really liking it so far. Very well made app and they didn't cut any corners in terms of graphics and sounds. I am very pleased with it so far.

I completely agree. It's really all that's missing.

6. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

very nice app!

too bad i stopped playing a while ago, so couldn't care less about armory anymore

otherwise i would be loving this app now

7. valexa macrumors member

its funny how all recovering wow players..coug..addicts..cough make a point of explicitly stating their detachment and indifference and departure from the game

stating something does not enforce it , any recovering addict has a very real urge , it is just under control

or maybe people are just proud that they managed to stop playing (a great feat indeed) and feel like showing it off

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

There should be an in-game achievement for beating the addiction...that way you'd be sucked back in.

9. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I notice that as well. When WoW was just release, my son and I both got it and played for the (month I think) time that was included. I quickly recognized it for the "life waster" that it was and we quickly moved on to other games that didn't involve a massive time sink in order to keep up and be competitive. I really enjoy some of the worlds that Blizzard creates (Starcraft, Warcraft) but I simply stayed away from WoW.

10. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

yes indeed

it's an achievement to be able to stop WoW

nuff said

11. UrFatMom macrumors regular

Nah I just stopped, not proud or anything, I wasn't addicted... Now let's talk about Warcraft III or Diablo II :p

12. nyisles84 macrumors regular

I stopped right before Wrath came out...I was MT doing beginning T6 and somehow stopped. I get the urge to come back but the prospect of leveling to 80 now and re-gearing just keeps me away, probably for the better

13. Brazzan macrumors member

Brazzan

It's free and pretty good. An improvement on Warcraft Characters, which I loved, as it allows me to read the calendar remotely.

14. trunksu macrumors 6502

too bad this wasn't out when i was actually playing it :p it looks like a great app for those still playing.

PS - mad props to those that have quit the game, i know it couldn't have been easy.

15. tiepolo macrumors newbie

Downloaded it this morning. Pretty nice app for checking stuff on-the-go.