Warcraft III dota Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by bigdb11, May 4, 2009.

1. bigdb11 macrumors regular

I am playing Warcraft III dota and keep getting disconnected from my game. I dont think its my computer given its a unibody with 4gb ram and 512 graphics card. I have heard other mac users are having this problem. What have people done to fix it?

2. iTookUrNick macrumors newbie

MAC-PC perhaps?

Are you palying on a MAC against PCs?
    If so, see the explanation that was given to me on this forum here. (Scroll down to the post by imassents.

Hope it helps.

3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

you cant be serious!?

it does NOT matter when playing on Bnet whether you/they have Mac/Win.

Its something else.

4. imassents macrumors 6502

Try it.

The triggers in the DotA AI version (the bots one) causes disconnects for Macs when playing cross-platform. I can't remember whether an all Mac game does the same thing or not. Another map is GemTD and it used to crash on Macs as well (PCs were fine). I haven't seen plain old DotA have issues yet.

It's a well known fact that both platforms interpret some triggers differently. Because of this, maps using these triggers have issues.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

...something about the host running vista? I'm not making a smartass remark about vista, I really think I heard something about macs having problems on vista-hosted dota games. The details escape me tho...

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I still barely understand the idea of "hosting" a Bnet game.

Ive had plenty of instances where the host (blue player, creator of the game) has left.

The game STILL runs with everyone else just fine.

So, somewhere I doubt that the operating system of the host can affect anyone.

7. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

When a host (blue player) disconnects, the server automatically looks for the next player who can host. If it dosen't find any, it drops the whole game.

@OP, I've been playing dota for quite some time on my mac and have never disconnected from the game unless my internet crashes. I would recommend sending blizzard wc3 support a quick email explaining this issue to them.

I have had a different issue and they got back to me pretty quickly with a solution.

Just my 2c.
    =-P