Warcraft III - Faster in OS X or XP via Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Jack Flash, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

2. pooky macrumors 6502

Warcraft III is fairly old, right? I would think that your computer will be fast enough that it doesn't really matter which OS you use.

3. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

It will run buttery smooth on your MacBook in OSX with full resolution and all the settings at the highest. Heck, I ran Warcraft 3 fine on my 500 Mhz G3 in OS9 (though, at the bare minimum settings). This should still say something, though.

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

No, it absolutely will not. I run it all the time on my core duo macbook with 2 GB of RAM and with full resolution but medium settings the fps can drop in to single digits in a pitched DotA battle. I'm sure it would be the same in a normal multiplayer game.

If you want to see buttery smooth, run it on something with a real GPU (fps range from about 50 to 100 on my gf's core duo imac 17"). Never for a second underestimate the complete and utter crappiness that is the GMA 950.

5. Jack Flash thread starter macrumors 65816

In my inconclusive testing I've gotten avg 60fps in Windows and 50fps in OS X while playing single player on full settings.

6. colocolo macrumors 6502

Dota is WAY more intensive than normal multiplayer games, so unless you are interested in that specific game type you need not worry.

Sticing to the point, though, I don't think OS will make a difference either way in this game.